Second fuse box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

Who is running a second fuse box for all accessories? What do you recommend? I am planning on installing one, but I would like to see what you guys have on your trucks. I have seen Cristo’s set up on his website. Anyone else out there have one? Where did you place it, where you got it from?

Also, what do you guys think about a second alternator to run all accessories? I have seen it done in Venezuela, but I was wondering what you guys think.

theres been a post on this before if your lucky you can find it.
i got mine from napa there more expensive there then on the internet but they both work like a charm. i use it to power all my lights and stuff. i mounted mine in my center consol cuz thats where my switches are.

another pic of it in place. all those wires above it were running off my battery through my fire wall. what a mess it was. i ran some heavy guage wire from battery to the fuse box and got ride of all those wires much cleaner.

Ale, you don't need a 2nd alt.

Have a remote fuse box in the ds rear quarter panel further back than where the factory jack goes. It's from West Marine or something like that. One bank is switched and one isn't. Also have one under the front ps seat somewhat like Christo's.

You should get that winch on before you start doing this stuff :slap: :flipoff2: :D ... Hey, Swiftie sent an email from Bagdad and said to say hi. :cheers:

I used a Painless 7 circuit (70207), like the one pictured here:

http://www.painlessperformance.com/catalogframe.htm

Mounting is on the firewall in the engine compartment, DS. Using it only to power 12v outlets (3), GPS, fog lights, aux backup.

I am looking to add an aux fuse/relay box under the hood. Anyone have a recommendation for mounting location?

I have been using Bussman boxes in my builds for years. The boxes I use have 5 relays and 10 fuses. So 5 fused relays and 5 other fused circuits. Here is the best tutorial I have seen on their use.

2015-06-12_BussmannRTMR_Z2A2646_web800.jpg

2015-06-25_Parts_Z2A2992_web800.jpg

Bussman box mounted on inner fender near master cylinder on a 60 series.
116459572_3528234170540782_1825577691107131345_o.jpg

I just did this today funny enough. I placed mine against the apron on the driver side, however I've also done an ABS delete and relocated the charcoal canister so I have acres of room over there to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom