Second 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So what is better than owning a 40, owning 2 40s. I sold my 80, build thread here https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/403256-another-texas-ls1-swap.html, and in the deal got an 82 FJ40. My first 40 I have had for 13 years and is my trailer queen (see avatar). This one is going to stay stock as much as possible. It has some rust, but what late model doesn't.
IMG_4179.jpg
IMG_3654.jpg

Cool man congrats!! I saw it on the trailer passing through downtown, hardtop flipped on the trailer behind 40 yesterday afternoon. wondered who mr lucky was! Looked good.
Enjoy

Tim

Owning a 55. Sorry.

Pigs are cool too! I was talking to someone about their pig plus cash for the 80. But decided not to go that route because I did not want another big project.

In all seriousness....

warpdriv, that thing looks pretty sweet. What are you planing with it? Make it more stock? Light wheeler?

Doesn't look too rusty from here but I guess I'm used to looking at mine. Skid plate hiding the cancer? More pics?

Incidentally, I have a 40 and a 60 so we're square.I think I would rather have a 40 and a 55 but that hundred ain't too bad.

So what is better than owning a 40, owning 2 40s. I sold my 80, build thread here https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/403256-another-texas-ls1-swap.html, and in the deal got an 82 FJ40. My first 40 I have had for 13 years and is my trailer queen (see avatar). This one is going to stay stock as much as possible. It has some rust, but what late model doesn't.

Looks great Jeff. I don't see much rust, at least not compared to mine. However, that modern looking winch is totally inappropriate for a 40. I'll be happy to take it off your hands, so you'll have room to mount an 8274. ;) :cheers:

Thanks Lee. Yes a 8274 would be cool.

Painted the bezel today.

Sent from my DroidCruiser
ForumRunner_20130611_195554.jpg

Very nice Jeff! That truck must have lived it's life in TX. Not much rust for an 83 model. Odd...

Very nice Jeff! That truck must have lived it's life in TX. Not much rust for an 83 model. Odd...

Muchas gracias. It was a Colorado truck. Lots of rust in the tub. The driver and passenger floors have already been replaced. But yea, low rust for the year. The front and rear finderwells were undercoated.

Bodean said:

Does not look like an 83, perhaps late 82? 83 was bolt-in dash for US spec cruisers.

warpdriv said:
Thanks Lee. Yes a 8274 would be cool.

Painted the bezel today.

MUCH better with the white Bezel if I do say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom