SOLD Seattle, WA, USA: 89 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
I am helping a coworker sell her 1989 Land Cruiser, she is the 2nd owner. I'm not an expert in these particular models, but I do know enough to let y'all know when I find a cherry unit.

1989 4 door, Brown on Brown/tan
265k Miles, Automatic
Waiting on receipts, she says she has a ton of them
Engine was rebuilt or replaced at some point. (will confirm with receipts)
Rear Diff/Axle had a major repair or replacement (Owner said, "due to fluid negligence by a technician". I assume they missed the gear oil)

The Good:
1. All street miles
2. Husband kept the car clean, meticulously clean for a families "truck". Drivers seat is only interior wear spot
3. Seattle did not legalize salt on road until 2009, any rust in photos is surface as best. Only on exposed metal, I only saw one cancer spot during the entire once-over.

The Bad:
1. Oil leaks
2. More Oil leaks
3. Cheap purple tint

I've got a bunch of photos, a cold start video, and access to the vehicle for questions. She is not in a hurry to sell, but she is firm on receiving the most she can to buy her teenage daughter a car. Treat this lady fair and you can snag a great car with a very complete history. If you hang around long enough when you pick it up, she'll tell you the story behind every dent.

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

you need to list a price with any classified. This is not eBay @PNWLCSeller

How much does she want for it? Looks like a nice truck. A warning to any buyers, I bought a 62 that had the rear diff replaced (it was shipped to me) and found out that a unit from a 60 series had been installed instead, so I was rocking the 4.10 up front still, but 3.73 or whatever in the rear. Definitely make sure to throw this in 4wd and drive it to make sure they are the same units installed front and rear.

My apologies NYIronPig for the lack of pricing. I am attempting to connect an enthusiast with a car, I'm not a car salesman.

The best I understand to price this appreciating car so far is:
Bring a trailer- $20,000 USD
The stranger who walked by her house offered - $10,000

Advertised price $10,000-$20,000. $10k is best offer so far

My apologies NYIronPig for the lack of pricing. I am attempting to connect an enthusiast with a car, I'm not a car salesman.

The best I understand to price this appreciating car so far is:
Bring a trailer- $20,000 USD
The stranger who walked by her house offered - $10,000

Advertised price $10,000-$20,000. $10k is best offer so far
No worries man, you will find this forum to be very helpful and a great place to sell this FJ62, but you will not get crazy BAT prices here on MUD. Might also help if you could post some more and better pics of the complete exterior, undercarriage, interior. Pics of the cancer spot and any other paint imperfections would also be good.

That's more than a $10k rig - receipts for the work pending, I'd think low to mid teens...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom