SOLD Seattle, WA, US: 1984 Toyota FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Very original and solid 1984 FJ60 Toyota Land Cruiser, blue metallic with 147k miles. Runs great. No factory AC which I have only seen in one online photo other than this rig. Picked up 2.5 years ago as a project, cleaned out fuel tank and serviced systems needed to get running. Dropped the gas tank, cleaned multiple times, cleared line. Replaced the missing brake MC with a new dual diaphragm unit from City Racer, replaced the clutch cylinder. Also fixed/replaced entire power steering system - pump from City Racer, gear box rebuilt at Red Head Steering Systems. Everything on the truck is original except the wheels and the stereo system aside from those mentioned parts and still missing the carb fan. As far as I know it has all emissions equipment still intact and functional.

Has some wear and tear from being used but was well taken care of - no significant rust or rot anywhere I have seen. The worst is the C Channels in the rear frame that show some slight waviness. There are some very small spots starting to show on the bottom pinch weld under quarters. The roof paint is mostly gone and with only the chalky primer in some spots rust starting to come through, but this happened only very recently in the past rainy season. Including photos of the underside showing details.

The main detractors are the paint is a bit rough on the horizontal surfaces, the bumpers and minimal body points were hit on the passenger front and rear corners (rear bumper looks pretty bad), difficult starts if it has been sitting (guessing the accelerator pump on carb, you have to pump the gas to fire it up), the clutch is slipping a bit. Also a very slow oil leak likely from rear main?

I do not know the history, but from what I can guess it was with caring original owner for a long time up in Marysville, WA area, where it was probably garaged or at least under a carport. Then it may have sold somewhat recently in an estate sale or as a project, went through 1 or 2 folks and then to me. When I got it there was literally nothing extra with the truck except an old Marysville High School parking pass from the 90's in the glove box.

It runs and drives very nice, I used it as a daily driver during the past year. A number of forum members here have seen it and noted how original and solid the condition is. I have too many projects going on and just don't have the time to use and care for this FJ. It comes with a few extras - front bumper (thanks, Nookshneer), some suspension parts like shocks that I never installed, and all parts that I replaced / removed.

Asking $18,000

Thanks
Randy

DSCF1742a.jpg

DSCF1748c.jpg

DSCF1752e.jpg

DSCF1756f.jpg

DSCF1761h.jpg

Last edited:
Just took these detail shots for someone inquiring showing the roughest areas of the truck. The rear corner was "pillowed" a bit, straightened it very close to original with slide hammer. Same on the front fender extension. The C channels are a bit rusty, not too bad though. The dash has a few holes from CB equipment, and the break in the dash perforations.

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

I have seen a few non-AC 60's but they all have had terrible dealership retrofit AC kits installed by hacks. Nice to see one without the tin-snip cut holes in the firewall or wires twisted together taped up under the dash

Congratulations on the sale. And to me for the purchase! 😆😎

Great to meet you, thanks for being so helpful and accommodating. I'm very much looking forward to digging in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom