SOLD Seattle, WA. 1973 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
red
Outside Link
https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1973/toyota/land_cruiser/101468325
1973 FJ40. Mostly original, no rust, upholstery looks fantastic, runs and drives great, approximately 43K miles. 3 speed transmission, 3.9 liter inline 6-cylinder F engine. The following has been rebuilt; transfer case, original carb, starter, front knuckles. New items include; drum brakes all around, belts, hoses, tie rod ends, oil pan, various gaskets, OME 2.5” suspension and steering stabilizer, distributer cap, fuel sending unit, electric fuel pump (still have the original fuel pump), reverse switch. Torfab; a local Land Cruiser specialty shop performed most of the work. They also sorted the electrical, changed all fluids, replaced the intake/exhaust manifold and gaskets. Dreamwerks; a local fabrication shop, fabricated the custom roll cage. Tires are BF Goodrich 225/85/16 KM2’s. The wheels are from a 2000 Toyota 4runner limited, and are powder coated in steel grey pearlescent. The wheels/tires have less than 1k miles. Rear lights, headliner, mirrors, and latches have all been replaced, and seatbelts have been added to the jump seats. Everything works as intended. The paint is original Freeborn red, please note that the paint does have scratches, but looks great for 48years old. The FJ comes with very hard to find steel half doors that have been painted Freeborn red and have new hardware, the rig looks great with the top off and half doors on. I have receipts for all work performed, and parts. I’ve also saved most parts that were removed (that were salvageable).

Price is $27,500

1.jpg

5.4.jpg

12.jpg

18.jpg

21.jpg

Hello, beautiful truck. Can you provide pictures of the undercarriage, and some of the paint scratches you mention?
Thanks! Tracy

1973 FJ40. Mostly original, no rust, upholstery looks fantastic, runs and drives great, approximately 43K miles. 3 speed transmission, 3.9 liter inline 6-cylinder F engine. The following has been rebuilt; transfer case, original carb, starter, front knuckles. New items include; drum brakes all around, belts, hoses, tie rod ends, oil pan, various gaskets, OME 2.5” suspension and steering stabilizer, distributer cap, fuel sending unit, electric fuel pump (still have the original fuel pump), reverse switch. Torfab; a local Land Cruiser specialty shop performed most of the work. They also sorted the electrical, changed all fluids, replaced the intake/exhaust manifold and gaskets. Dreamwerks; a local fabrication shop, fabricated the custom roll cage. Tires are BF Goodrich 225/85/16 KM2’s. The wheels are from a 2000 Toyota 4runner limited, and are powder coated in steel grey pearlescent. The wheels/tires have less than 1k miles. Rear lights, headliner, mirrors, and latches have all been replaced, and seatbelts have been added to the jump seats. Everything works as intended. The paint is original Freeborn red, please note that the paint does have scratches, but looks great for 48years old. The FJ comes with very hard to find steel half doors that have been painted Freeborn red and have new hardware, the rig looks great with the top off and half doors on. I have receipts for all work performed, and parts. I’ve also saved most parts that were removed (that were salvageable).

Price is $27,500

View attachment 2607542

View attachment 2607543

View attachment 2607544

View attachment 2607545

View attachment 2607546
Hello, beautiful truck. Can you provide pictures of the undercarriage, and some of the paint scratches you mention?
Thanks! Tracy
Disregard - I see the photo's in your autotrader ad.

Disregard - I see the photo's in your autotrader ad.

Price is $27,500

View attachment 2607542

View attachment 2607543

View attachment 2607544

View attachment 2607545

View attachment 2607546
You mention you retained all the usable parts from your restoration process. Do you have the original wheels? Also, does it have a bikini top? Thanks

You mention you retained all the usable parts from your restoration process. Do you have the original wheels? Also, does it have a bikini top? Thanks
No I don't have either. The wheels it came with were aftermarket, and did not have a bikini top. Attached is a picture of one of the wheels that were on the vehicle.

IMG_20210313_062242.jpg

The metal has been cut. The original (aftermarket) fender flares were in bad shape. I replaced them with Bushwhacker fender flares (from Cruiser Corps) in 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom