Seattle Sandblasting and Powdercoating referrals

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

Anyone in Seattle had this type of work done? Any reccomendations?

thanks in advance

Josie'sLandCruiser

Stop calling it a "FJ."

Hi All:

Mike, I had a 40 Series body tub (well, the rear 2/3 rds) sandblasted at a place in Ballard called "Pacific Fishermans Shipyard" (or something close to that.)

They have a garage-sized sand blasting booth. Costs $150 an hour, I believe. If your are not in a big hurry ask them about the BBQ fund . . . . . . .

I highly recommend the sand blasting for a large item over trying to wire wheel it yourself - well worth the $$ to save on a tremendous amount of labor hours!

Regards,

Alan

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

checked out a few places... this one looks promising.

PSC-Puget Sound Coatings
(206) 767-3800
9220 8th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98108

pugetsoundcoatings.com

$200 to blast

$900 for blasting, zinc flame paint, primer and finish coat for just the frame.

Run for the hills

Mikesta said:
checked out a few places... this one looks promising.

PSC-Puget Sound Coatings
(206) 767-3800
9220 8th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98108

pugetsoundcoatings.com

$200 to blast

$900 for blasting, zinc flame paint, primer and finish coat for just the frame.

I just got mine done as discribed above $350.00 !!!

I recommend not going to that industrial area of Seattle EPA kills them on regs.

I would try Kent, Everett , Snohomish.

Mikesta said:
Where did you get yours done Mallred?

Right here in Polson, Seems to be the going rate here, also had a quote from

Missoula powder coating of $350-400. They are off reserve about a block.

Myrle

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

ah, wish I was up that way.. .seems cheap compared to the prices here in seattle.. I will check around Kent and see what it has to offer...

You got sandblasting and powdercoating for 400?

wow

the place in marysville is called alternative blasting they do lots of classic cars and just about anything, they did my buddies cruiser a few years back. they do plastic media blasting and next door is another blasting place that is a little cheaper, but alternative charges $80.00 an hour. i dont have there # but can get it, i work just around the block. PM me i will get it for any one interested.

frank

Mikesta said:
ah, wish I was up that way.. .seems cheap compared to the prices here in seattle.. I will check around Kent and see what it has to offer...

You got sandblasting and powdercoating for 400?

wow
Yes $350, The frame was very clean and just surface rust.

I know of 2 places in Kalispel 2 in Missoula and 1 in Polson, Maybe more than the market needs so lower price. The powder cost very little, almost all labor and equipment for the costs.

Good luck, I hope you find a good deal.

Myrle

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

Lone, is the guys name Mike, think I called him today... quoted me 200-250 for the job
Same price here in seattle just for the blasting.

e rock

I know there is a guy up here in the Monroe industrial park that does powdercoating. Not sure if he can do frames, but I know he's done some bigass bumpers for my buddy's Dodge. I'll see if I can get his name & number for you. My CRS seems to be acting up again this morning...

i am not sure if his name is mike i have just BS'd with him once in a while, never really got to first names. but the sign outside said 80.00 an hour and he's always busy. there also a powder coat place in marysville on state ave. around 80th street. GOOD LUCK anyway and let us know what it costs to powder coat around hear, i would love to do the frame on my 40.

Top Bottom