SOLD Seattle: 1987 Toyota FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Partings ways with my 1987 Toyota FJ60, sad to see it go but I'm just not using it anymore. I have a fairly long build thread of where the truck started: here

Ask price: $22,000 / I believe this truck has equity and value left in it.

The truck is sitting in Tor's shop a bit north of Seattle. He has the signed title in hand and it's ready to move. Tor has done all the work on my rig over the years. His mechanical and electrical work is top shelf.

You could fly into Seattle, take a $50 Uber to his shop, and drive this truck back home anywhere. Tor is willing and happy to field any questions in person and show the truck to anyone who comes to his shop. I'm personally in Nashville currently but also willing to speak to any serious buyer.

Details:

- 5.3L Vortec e-rod (full emissions) engine swap. This engine was a brand new crate engine when we dropped in. It has ~140k miles and the engine oil was changed religiously every 5k miles with full 5w30 synthetic its entire life. At 100k it had the full factory spec GM service done with GM parts.

- ARB front and rear lockers

- 4L60E auto transmission w/ cruise control & lokar shifter (looks like a manual)

- FZJ80 rear full floating axle (disc brakes too)

- Tundra front brake rotor & caliper upgrade (amazing upgrade, stock Tundra parts any Napa store carries)

- 4 very new BFG K02 285/75 r17 tires

- Diffs, transmission, etc all recently serviced

- Speedhut gauges. These are a really nice set

- Light Force LED lights (they work perfectly but could use new plastic lens covers due to road life)

- BMW X5 front seats

- 4+ front bumper with Warn 9.5cti-s winch

- 4x4 labs rear bumper w/ tire, ladder, hi-lift, and maxtrax carriers

- 40 gallon fuel tank. I ran the fuel pump dry once and it's a bit loud now, still works, but likely would want to swap

- White knuckle sliders

- Onboard air compressor w/ remote hook up point on the rear bumper

- Nice stereo with a 4 channel mini amp, sounds great

- Tuffy center console

- OME lift kit, heavy rear

- AC works, I did have to put a can of R123a in it last season, so there might be a slight leak somewhere in the chain

- Knuckles in great shape, they were re-done with Toyota parts about 1 year ago

- LED digitails rear lights

I'm sure I'm missing other little details but long story short this truck was done up right.

What it could use:

- New fuel pump (mentioned above)

- ~$5,000 in body work to fixed the dents & dings. Paint has use and brush pin stripping

- New carpet, if you wanted it fresh and perfect

- Back seat, if you want one. I have the rear seat here in Nashville, you're welcome to stop by anytime get it out of my garage (I won't ship it)

- Fresh window tint, if you want it perfect

- Fresh powder coating on the bumpers, slider, and such

I don't have every day type of "craigslist" type photos of the truck, but it's available for in person viewing anytime Tor's shop is open for business!

These are the two most recent snaps I took of it before I left it in Seattle:

Last edited:
Dude, sad to see the end of an era! I thought you had already sold it a while back. If you recall I met you on a ferry in Portland, Maine (with Forrest) a while back...you convinced me to do the LS swap eventually. Probably should have just bought this, lol! Good luck with sale, hope it goes to a Mudder!

wow - yours was the inspiration for how I wanted to build mine! What a wild ride "This Wild Idea" has been.

Think Tor could do some detail shots of the rig, interior, etc.?

Man this thing makes me want to sell my 80 and take a loan to buy this

The 60 is half the reason for the double taps, haha. Takes balls to part with something that's become a part of your 'identity'. Has Maddie approved the sale?!? Good luck, man. You've done nothing but good things for us that own 60s. For the prospective buyers.....well, they'll live. Onward and upward.

Saw bean in person last spring at Tor’s. Enjoyed following your cruiser adventures on here and instagram, good luck with the sale!

Many people will be drooling over this one. Glad it served you well. GLWS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom