1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seats

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by bkgiii, Feb 27, 2004.

1. bkgiii

bkgiii SILVER Star

Those of you that have removed / recovered your seats, gimme a heads up on special tools needed to replace the skins. Picked up a set that were in better condition than mine (fronts), and will be replacing them.

Comments / advice / suggestions, please?

C&#039:Dan.....proceed with the DS cushion.......:)

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    Your replacement cushion will need to come from a Lexus dealer. It is not the same as a Cruiser one. :-\

D-

3. hoser

hoser SILVER Star

When putting the covers back on, you can use zip ties.

4. MoJ

MoJ Moderator

What materials are the cushions made of? Foam? Grey "Shotty" Fiber? The reason I ask - I work for a company that makes all types of foam and fiber products. We supply oem seating components for Camry/Avalon. The materials themselves are very inexpensive and I've thought about fabing new cushions for my cruiser. We also make the sinuous wire (zig-zag/sine-wave patterned wire you see under many seats) that's used to support the cushion as well as the grey insulating pads found in many cars. (the grey insulating pad is the stuff that usually ranges around 1/2 inch thick and looks like a collage of fiber material particles). This isn't a sales pitch (the corp is already Fortune 500 w/$4b sales), Instead I'm wondering what low-cost materials us 80 owners could take advantage of. It's fairly easy for me to obtain these products as I visit our plants on a routine basis.

5. MoJ

MoJ Moderator

[quote author=hoser link=board=2;threadid=12202;start=msg112126#msg112126 date=1077952475]
    When putting the covers back on, you can use zip ties.
    [/quote]

hoser -
    Are you talking about using zip ties in place of the hog rings (the 1/4 inch diamter wire rings holding the material to the wire frame)?
    -Jason