Seats/Upholstery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are a couple photos of the hinge. You can see the portion without teeth has a larger radius than the portion with.

I probably could do this myself, but it likely wouldn't be pretty and I have a few favors I can call in with my machine shop owning friend. We'll see what he says.
Hinge1.jpg
Hinge2.jpg
Hinge3.jpg

I have never looked at mine, but is there good access the the ratchet assembly? Just hit the bracket with a grinder/Dremmel/flat file and make the notch for the teeth? John

As you can see in the photos I just posted, I would still have to take the hinge apart to get a file in there.

Another option

Here a couple photos of the mounting tab on the seat back frame. It looks like there might be enough room in the tab to drill a hole closer to the frame, thus tilting the seat forward. I'm not sure I want to modify the frame. I'd hate for it to come apart in a wreck.
Mount1.jpg
Mount2.jpg

I met up with dranven yesterday and we determined that my seats are more or less normal.

It is kind of odd that the seat will recline all the way flat, but won't go vertical enough for me to be comfortable. They must have been designed by some low-rider driving Japanese engineer.

Now to figure out a solution. I'm left with washers, modification by an upholstery shop or a seat swap (electrics, early cloth or something else entirely).
OK, so can you just stack a block under the seat mounts to tip the seat a ways, or is that going to pitch the seat bottom too far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom