Seats/Upholstery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the new to me 80 is a '95 and has the manual, cloth seats. The driver's seat back doesn't incline enough for my tempermental back. I like to sit very upright in vehicles.

Is there anyone with manual seats near Tempe/Chandler/Gilbert that would let me sit in their truck? I need to figure out if this is normal for these seats.

Does any one have any experience with an upholstery shop in the east valley? I found a couple of old threads that recomended Tempe Sales Co, but I didn't see anyone who had actually used their services.

Thanks,
Ryan

That might work. The mounts are at an angle, so I'm not sure how much angle I could get out of it with a reasonable spacer. Worth a shot though.

Thanks.

I got the impression they have a shop in addition the sales.

Was that your fenderless 80 I saw going south on the 101 tonight around 5:30?

Thanks for the offer, I know the electric seats well - I previously had a '97.

I want manual seats and have power seats that work fine but need reupholstered. Any interest?

I got the impression they have a shop in addition the sales.

Was that your fenderless 80 I saw going south on the 101 tonight around 5:30?

Thanks for the offer, I know the electric seats well - I previously had a '97.

That's me. I have my JMR bender in the back though getting some paint, so it's not going to be that ugly forever. I don't mind it, but it's had to be my wife's DD for a couple weeks while I work on her expedition, and she is not a fan right now.

I have a '97 with manual grey cloth you can sit in. I'm in Mesa. Funny, I have cloth and want leather. Maybe someday I will get mine reupholstered.

I met up with dranven yesterday and we determined that my seats are more or less normal.

It is kind of odd that the seat will recline all the way flat, but won't go vertical enough for me to be comfortable. They must have been designed by some low-rider driving Japanese engineer.

Now to figure out a solution. I'm left with washers, modification by an upholstery shop or a seat swap (electrics, early cloth or something else entirely).

I haven't played with one from an '80, but some of the recliner ratchets can be taken apart. If so, it would be easy to put another notch in the ratchet to allow more adjustment?

It looks like they will come apart no problem. There is also plenty of room for more teeth to be machined. I'm waiting for a call back from a friend that owns a job shop. Thanks for the idea Tools.

It looks like they will come apart no problem. There is also plenty of room for more teeth to be machined. I'm waiting for a call back from a friend that owns a job shop. Thanks for the idea Tools.
I have never looked at mine, but is there good access the the ratchet assembly? Just hit the bracket with a grinder/Dremmel/flat file and make the notch for the teeth? John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom