Seats My FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

My 1970 FJ40 is just about to arrive home after having it’s PTO winch fitted and various other bits done. I am keeping it in mechanically sound condition but don’t want to restore the paint etc.
I’m on the hunt for some front seat bases? Mine are shot - I’m also looking for the rear bench style seats, period correct for the year.
Can anyone help?
Below is a pic of the old girl

B8D628CF-3609-4854-A5A2-7D7CCA771D0A.jpeg

the white piece that surrounds the headlights and Toyota emblem. It's supposed to be with the thick side on top.

Many many FJ40s out there have them flipped because when someone takes it off then put it back on they don't pay attention to how it was even though it fits ok. But from Toyota it came with thick side up.

There are reasons if you look around Ih8mud as to why, has to do with some years LANDCRUISER was stamped into some of them on that thick side.

So around here on a regular basis when new people show up with pictures, it's almost a rule by now, that others let them know they need to "flip your bezel".

much of a learning experience for me had no idea about the upside down bezel.
It’s high time to learn this now for the next decade. 😉

Are you looking for stick bench seats for your 1970?
I have a set from my 2/71 which should work.

Thanks
Ernie

Thanks
Ernie

Is your FJ40 a LHD or RHD? The passenger's side would require a bit of work to convert to the other side. Guessing the driver's side would be easier but still some work required. Rear jump seats would be the same no matter RHD or LHD but there is still a right and left side.

Is your FJ40 a LHD or RHD? The passenger's side would require a bit of work to convert to the other side. Guessing the driver's side would be easier but still some work required. Rear jump seats would be the same no matter RHD or LHD but there is still a right and left side.

Thanks - It’s RHD

Thanks
Ernie

Hi Ernie,
I looking for two benches that would have come with this year of FJ40 - from a practical point of view , I need to be able to get 4 people in the back.

Just noticed your RHD and the ones I have are LHD, and I think shipping would be on the crazy expensive since from Texas to England and are very heavy.

I'm going to keep my rear flip down benches as I am just upgrading my front seats to buckets.

Thanks
Ernie

Just noticed your RHD and the ones I have are LHD, and I think shipping would be on the crazy expensive since from Texas to England and are very heavy.

I'm going to keep my rear flip down benches as I am just upgrading my front seats to buckets.

Thanks
Ernie
Understood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom