Seats in 76 FJ-40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oldenorthstatecruisers.com
Am looking to either find some factory seats for my cruiser or, find some seats that might closely adapt to the factory seats brackets in my 76' FJ-40, was wondering if anyone had installed any other seats and what could possibly work with the factory brackets with minor modification?

I've never seen anywhere that sells new stock seats. Most places/people just restore the old ones. I know they sell covers for them. If you're trying to stay stock (I imagine you are) I don' know what to tell you, but if you just want seats and don't mind aftermarket there are a lot of options. Starting with junk yards. I'm pretty sure that aftermarket seats are fairly easy to install the new tracks (somebody back me up, it's still 3rd or 4th on my project list) I'm pretty sure they'll bolt in with a little drilling. Good luck, let me know what you find.

Post a want add, someone has got to have some factory seats they swapped out.
I'm a big fan of the factory vinyl buckets, waterproof, and they last a lifetime (30 yrs and going). If they fade, just get some black vinyl paint and paint them.

Yea sure, I got them from the company called STEELE HORSE. Ill definetly post some pics of them once I can figure how to get them on my computer. But you can check them out on their web site. Let me find out more info on them for you, then Ill reply

i have mid 80s 4runner seats in mine. the PO intalled then and they are pretty good fit, he did some mod on it but not alot

Mwalls54 can you post some pics, i have thought alot about installing mid 80's four runner seats, just not really sure what i want to go with. also would like to see pics of the steel horse seats, so i will keep and eye out. I did post a wanted add but didn't get to many replies on the factory seats.

well I cant find the STEEL HORSE web site either, im not sure why. But I did find them from other retailers dealing with jeeps. Im sorry, im having a tough time finding them. My girlfriend bought mine, but I have the receipt showing they are 99.99 a piece with no shipping charges directly from from Steel Horse. Ill keep looking..

A while ago when I called, the sales guys all said "minor" fabbing would make them bolt in. I have no idea what they think "minor" is, but I doubt it would take much work.

i just put some Sabb Leather Seats in my 76.. The width is right on, so all i did was make some brackets out of angle iron... that went from front to back.. it took me like an hour a seat and a drill and 4 bolts and they are in there.. They are Heated and Sabb makes aircrafts so they are definatly good quality... If you want my old Seats they are for sale.. need recovering and drivers bottom foam... they are in Colorado

I want to put bucket seat in my 1970 FJ40 adn was wondering if newer FJ40 seat brackets would just go right in my truck. thanks

i mounted some captain hi backs from a mid 90s full size chev van very confertable and not to hard to fit up or find in jy, sides after a hard day in the saddle you'll be glad for a little cushion on yer ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom