Seatbelt Planet Colors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TStro

SILVER Star
Threads
I have an 89 Fj62 with the brown interior. Does anyone know which color webbing from seatbeltplanet.com matches the stock brown interior the best? Brown or Dark Brown?
Thanks in advance

3B0A8BBD-1139-4312-845C-A0B8C14DED81.png

I have an 89 Fj62 with the brown interior. Does anyone know which color webbing from seatbeltplanet.com matches the stock brown interior the best? Brown or Dark Brown?
Thanks in advance

View attachment 2492877

I used dark brown for the brown interior of my ‘85 60. It’s close, not quite, but good enough. I think the regular brown would have been more noticeably different.

I only got the rear non-retractables. If you’re doing all 4 belts, then this would not matter as much because you’re not trying to match other belts.

Last edited:
I think I got Brown but the dark brown would be closer.

Here is old vs new

1605205548943.png

think the flash makes this one look a little brighter than actual but still lighter than stock
1605205574373.png

Hi @Seth S , I just bought these belts for my truck as well. Can you please tell me what size bolts you used to mount the bracket on the new retractor? I realized when I went to install them that I will need to swap them in. Did you use the same bolts that came with hardware package from seatbelt planet? The 1 inch ones that had a bolt?

Appreciate any guidance and insight you can provide.

Thank you.

1621731043007.png

Hi @Seth S , I just bought these belts for my truck as well. Can you please tell me what size bolts you used to mount the bracket on the new retractor? I realized when I went to install them that I will need to swap them in. Did you use the same bolts that came with hardware package from seatbelt planet? The 1 inch ones that had a bolt?

Appreciate any guidance and insight you can provide.

Thank you.

View attachment 2681552
I will have to see if I made a note about those bolts in my own thread. It was a while ago and I can’t remember what length they were. I am pretty sure I went out and bought some hardware and as can be seen in that photo the bolts were a little long but there were no clearance issues so I left it.

details on page one but I don’t see any mention of bolt length. Though I think I used some grade 8’s or equivalent metric

I remember the stock bolts that came off the old bracket were not long enough and the kit did not come with bolts. I believe the kits sometimes or maybe now? Come with brackets so this isn’t a problem any more. Not sure.

Last edited:
Thank you for advising on the grade 8 bolts. I also need to get the torx screw/socket to take the bracket off the original belts. My kit came with some brackets but they are more for anchoring the end of a belt to the floor than connecting to the retractor to mount it in the pillar. Looks like I will need to get some more items before completing this project.

Thank you!

Quick update: I used 5/16" thick 3/4" length grade 8 nuts, bolts, and washers to attach the retractor brackets. Should be ready to go in once I get some flat washers (the floor mounts for the retractable seatbelts have a too large hole IMO that the flat washers can help with). I used channel locks to bend the little tab between the bolts back.

IMG_20210522_203340659.jpg

IMG_20210522_203401078.jpg

IMG_20210522_203247149.jpg

IMG_20210522_144724761.jpg

IMG_20210523_165914055.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom