Seatbelt/B-pillar question fzj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrMikeyG

SILVER Star
Threads
I did search, but Didn't find specific results so...
Is it possible to retrofit the height adjustable upper seatbelt mount out of the later trucks into a 94?
The B-pillar trim is obviously quite a bit different, but is the body sheet metal the same?
This would mainly apply to the passenger side for my co-pilot.
possible but expensive? impossible? Silly? After reading quite a bit of threads on here, it seems like way more ambitious things than this have been worked out.

Crap. I wish I had thought of this a few months back. A guy local to me was parting out a '97.

Interesting! Why didn't I think of this.

I've been contemplating just drilling another hole in the pillar and adding a piece of flat bar with a welded nut into the pillar higher up. I have the nut ready to go.

Somebody did this when swapping out the headliner from a 97 into a 94. Search for headliner swap 94 maybe you'll get lucky.

For informational purposes, the photo below shows what the adjuster looks like on a '97 LX B-pillar with the trim removed. I slid the adjuster up and down to show the location of the two mounting bolts. If the earlier b-pillars have the same mounting points, the swap would be easy.

Seat Belt Adjuster.jpg

FWIW, I just noticed on my 93 there is a second bolt about 2 or 3 inches higher than the one holding the seatbelt 'holder'. It is on both sides of the truck and is *not* the bottom bolt for the rear seat grab handle. That bolt is further up still, another inch or so.

...my thought is just move the 'holder' up to that location. Presumably 94's don't have this bolt...perhaps captive nut is still there behind the panel?

0127201839.jpg

0127201839a.jpg

Good work Gents! Thanks for all of the ideas and links.

OK. I wimped out. I ended up being able to source some of the parts from a member up in Canada. I started "exploring" the b pillars, but I was scared of wrecking my headliner ('94, so sewn and glued material) to the best of my knowledge after feeling around, there are more holes, but the pattern isn't quite right, you would need to drill another hole either high or low depending upon how you wanted the final result. if I ever decide to go after this more thoroughly, I will post pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom