Seat Slide Motor Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to share a recent repair on my passenger seat. The shaft that transmits force from the motor to the far side rail failed. I think that something must have gotten wedged down there at some point and damaged it. The motor worked and the seat would only slide forward on one side.

I was able to find a complete replacement motor on eBay but only ended up only changing out the shaft with sheath. It unscrews from one side and then you can slide the rod out of the square peg that it slides into then the other side is held on with two clips and then it pops off. You don’t have to remove the seat but it isn’t a terrible idea in order to see if the track is free of any obstructions.

I was pressed for time so I decided to just replace the damaged shaft and see if the seat moved properly and it worked like a charm. I looked it up on AliExpress and found the shafts for sale individually. If for whatever reason I have another failure like this I’ll probably be going with this route first.

04E6BC5B-8F68-4754-8838-351EEE620E4D.jpeg

Looking for info on how to replace the complete seat slide mechanism. I need to replace the end gear boxes and not sure now to get them off the shaft
Help please.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom