seat restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My father in law just disassembled my seats out of the '75. The foam is in great shape, but I need covers. My question is this
Has anyone taken apart the seat brackets etc., and if so any pics?

Also, is it necessary to replace foam with new seat covers? I searched in the threads, and could not find any pics or answers. And is $or and CCOT the only seat cover option?
Thanks
Scott

Quality covers here ------> https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandis...tion-front-rear-seat-covers-just-like-oe.html

The rails and bracket can be chemically cleaned and then power coated. The out side bracket with the latch can be replated in yellow chromate/zinc and then carefully taped with heat tape and then powder coated.

Yes buy new foam from Specter Off-Road, Inc.-Landcruiser Parts & Accessories

Shane

Do you recommend having the powdercoater chemically cleaning or me? And if me what type of chemical? And what happens with the pin which allows the seat to slide?
Thanks
Scott

Don't take the sliders apart, professional chemical cleaning will strip the old grease and paint off and out. Powder coat them and the pump grease into them and work them front to back and they will be new.

Shane

Quality covers here ------> https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandis...tion-front-rear-seat-covers-just-like-oe.html

The rails and bracket can be chemically cleaned and then power coated. The out side bracket with the latch can be replated in yellow chromate/zinc and then carefully taped with heat tape and then powder coated.

Yes buy new foam from Specter Off-Road, Inc.-Landcruiser Parts & Accessories

Shane
I have some shots of the foam, which incidentally are in fantastic shape. I am assuming new covers are designed to go on new foam?
seat tops.jpg
seat bottoms.jpg

I have some shots of the foam, which incidentally are in fantastic shape. I am assuming new covers are designed to go on new foam?

New covers will fit original and new foam.

Best,

Shane

New covers will fit original and new foam.

Best,

Shane
Are your covers designed to fit onto new foam? Or could I just go with my foam?

My father in law just disassembled my seats out of the '75. The foam is in great shape, but I need covers. My question is this
Has anyone taken apart the seat brackets etc., and if so any pics?

Also, is it necessary to replace foam with new seat covers? I searched in the threads, and could not find any pics or answers. And is $or and CCOT the only seat cover option?
Thanks
Scott

...coincidentally, I posted e few pics last night of my seats pealed out of their skin, click on my resto link below...

Shane,

How do you plate the latch only (other than "carefully")? It doesn't seem easy to separate off the rail unless you grind or drill out the attachment plug.

Ricardo

...coincidentally, I posted e few pics last night of my seats pealed out of their skin, click on my resto link below...

Shane,

How do you plate the latch only (other than "carefully")? It doesn't seem easy to separate off the rail unless you grind or drill out the attachment plug.

Ricardo

Leave it together, plate the whole latch unit as one and then powder what is needed. Special tape or tin foil is your friend.

Shane

Leave it together, plate the whole latch unit as one and then powder what is needed. Special tape or tin foil is your friend.

Shane

Shane
Sent you another pm. Thanks
Scott. And nice pics of seat resto. Maybe should be a sticky in seat resto:hmm:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom