Seat replacement 78 FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have original seats think of two things...have cushions replaced or purchase something new with recliner, sliders for both, potential lumbar. If go new route what brand do you suggest that fits well with existing set up. Putting tuffy box in as well. Thanks!

Corbeau has some great seats along with direct fit brackets for a 40.

I’m also looking for seats. Procar is an option that looks decent with different styles. I’ll have to look into Corbeau.

I’m also looking for seats. Procar is an option that looks decent with different styles. I’ll have to look into Corbeau.

I have a pair of both

Go for corbeau.

Keep in mind if you do a lot of wheeling where you need good rear vision (like backing down off of a hillside full of trees or boulders) don't get/use tall head rest, I had to throw my headrest into the trash, they were blocking too much rear vision.

I’m also looking for seats. Procar is an option that looks decent with different styles.

I bought Procars to replace my seats; the advantage to them is that they look pretty close to stock but have way more foam and are much more comfortable than stock (in my opinion).

IMG_1335[1].JPG

I bought Procars to replace my seats; the advantage to them is that they look pretty close to stock but have way more foam and are much more comfortable than stock (in my opinion).

View attachment 2494736
Thanks for posting that picture. I was looking at those seats last night. How’s the leg room? Are they any higher or further back than stock?

Thanks for posting that picture. I was looking at those seats last night. How’s the leg room? Are they any higher or further back than stock?

In the procar seats that I have, they do sit a bit higher, and I made new brackets to move the seats back so I could comfortably sit and drive.

Thanks for posting that picture.

No sweat; you're welcome.

How’s the leg room? Are they any higher or further back than stock?

They are at least an inch higher than stock, due to the mounting brackets and the thicker foam.

The sliders that came with mine allow the seat to move back much further than the stock seats. I don't have a rear heater, so I can push the seats back until they hit the rear fender wells (actually they hit my Con-Ferr tool box just short of that). I am 6'2", and the leg room is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom