Seat Recover with . . . . . 3rd row seats??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I was noticing that the leather cracks in the front seat could easily be taken care by just doing the bottom portion. I know others have recovered the seat and it does not match perfectly.
Everytime I come home I see the 3rd row seats taking up space in my garage with the same leather in pristine shape.

Has anyone used the leather from the 3rd row seats to recover the front. Not sure if the leather quality is the same on both sides, like couches have the quality leather in the seat and the less quality thinner leather on the back.

Is this a stupid idea or has someone else tried it already?

If you want the 3rd row, you could always recover those diffrently, not as important they match as a single seat.

Last edited:
Romer said:
Is this a stupid idea or has someone else tried it already?

Having gotten NOWHERE with trying to get these local Houston Toyota guys to get us quotes on replacement seat covers, I was thinking the same thing...buying another set of 3rd row seats as leather donors. I am sure an uphosltery shop could do it.

uhm....

I may be mistaken, but I thought that the 3rd row is vinyl not leather

damn if I can remember where I saw that, and Im not 100% certain that it was the LC that did that (might have been another make)

I like the idea, but aren't the shapes different?

Rusty Phillips said:
uhm.... I may be mistaken, but I thought that the 3rd row is vinyl not leather)

Not in my 40th....they are the same leather material as the rest though the backs are vinyl. Regarding shape, Romer's question is regarding using donor pieces from the 3rd drow seats to allow an upholstery shop to replace the worn panels of the front seats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom