Seat Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '78 FJ40 and the stock seats are trashed. I bought a set of Corbeau sport seats/with mounting brackets from one of the bigger Land Cruiser specialty shops. Let's say the experience has been less than satisfying. The retailer made no mention that a wide version of the seat was available. I'm a big guy and after a week long trip to Moab, the drivers seat is badly distorted (hip bolster is destroyed). I called Corbeau to order a wide version for the drivers side, only to find that they only sell them in pairs. One would figure in today's economy that Corbeau would be willing to take care of a customer but I guess they are bigger than that.

Does anybody have any experience with the other companies out there? Any recommendations for seat rebuilders? Thanks in advance.

Bob

OOPS - I bought a set of expensive "racing" seats like you did, for my FJ40. I had the same problem because I am a big guy, got the same reaction from the vendor, took my lumps and sold them for a loss and bought a set of used high-end factory Honda heated leather full electric seats with head rests and have never regretted the decision.

Yup, never again with the Corbeau's. I talked to a local upholstery shop and the ladies there will rebuild and recover both factory seats for $400.00. I should've gone with them in the first place. Honda seats...that's an idea.

I have a set of Recaro racing seats in my 40 that the PO installed and they ride ok with the 4 point harnesses but with home made supports. But they are a b--ch to get in and out the back seat. I am not that big 6'2" 220 but I to am seriously thinking about Honda's, Subaru or something more user friendly. Good luck in your seach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom