Seat Question; stuck... But not stuck. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 96. The seats are of course rough material wise, and that I can handle. My question (Yes I searched the FAQ's) is:
The driver seat doesn't move forward or reverse. It clicks, but doesn't move. HOWEVER, if I unbolt the frame from the body of the truck, it moves without issue. I'm assuming the track is bent and causing it to bind, but I was wondering if this is a common failure symptom of this seat, or worth trying to find a straight seat frame to start with?
TIA

The plastic gears are problematic from what i can gather, i just bought 2 brass gears from ebay and will probaly buy a kit i saw on mud. otran? has a link i think on his utube channel there is a white plastic cap that probably needs replacing as well.

I sent a link still waiting for moderator approval, search gamiviti.com seats i still have to do some resarch but there seems to be a couple of tutorials that make it seem doable my seat back reclined but never came back up, probably better since i'm taller lol

I believe that the sides can move independent of each other. It may not be that they are bent but that one gear is damaged and the other is not causing it to bind when one side tries to move. Unbolting frees the bind and allows the seat to move again. Take a serious look at all the drive components before you go searching for new tracks. Unless you did something to bend them it seems unlikely they would bend on their own.

The plastic gears are problematic from what i can gather, i just bought 2 brass gears from ebay and will probaly buy a kit i saw on mud. otran? has a link i think on his utube channel there is a white plastic cap that probably needs replacing as well.
The nylon gears are not the issue. The problem is that the grease in the gear boxes turns into glue after 20 years. The gears then get stripped when they seize in place.
After cleaning both gear boxes, replacing the gears with gamiviti gears, filling the gear boxes with white lithium grease, all seats work well in all temperatures.

I believe that the sides can move independent of each other. It may not be that they are bent but that one gear is damaged and the other is not causing it to bind when one side tries to move. Unbolting frees the bind and allows the seat to move again. Take a serious look at all the drive components before you go searching for new tracks. Unless you did something to bend them it seems unlikely they would bend on their own.
Solid. Thank you!

The nylon gears are not the issue. The problem is that the grease in the gear boxes turns into glue after 20 years. The gears then get stripped when they seize in place.
After cleaning both gear boxes, replacing the gears with gamiviti gears, filling the gear boxes with white lithium grease, all seats work well in all temperatures.
I agree on the nylon not being an issue. If you do find they are stripped I would replace with the nylon again. Putting brass in there just means if the seat binds again the gear won't be the failure point and you will damage something not as easy to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom