Seat Jackers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thatcabledude

GOLD Star
Threads
https://desertdoesit.com/products/front-seat-jackers®-1980-1997-toyota-land-cruiser-80

Haven’t seen this mod mentioned in 80 series land or heard of this product/company.

Kind of expensive for what it is, but I had a feeling this would make a big difference for my back on long drives and didn’t feel like making something myself.

Bolted them in and immediately drove to Colorado and back from Florida. Yup, they work. I was pleasantly surprised at how well. (For me)

Figured I’d share.

686AC546-7A3C-4F89-A604-E72511E99D82.jpeg
E0CC7462-35D1-4DC1-93AC-CF2FD4FCFAD2.jpeg

Installed on driver seat and not passenger to show difference in angle. Small change, big difference in comfort.

F2ED8B06-A0C8-4835-A4D7-A1D0446CF5DF.jpeg

205D51B6-2E93-4C70-B0CA-600D301C6618.jpeg

Oof.....I wish I could lower the seats not raise them 🤦🏻‍♂️
Lifting the just the front doesn’t really raise the seat, it just gives provides support under your thighs if you have long legs.

Old age is a biaaatch!

Lifting the just the front doesn’t really raise the seat, it just gives provides support under your thighs if you have long legs.

I know but I have electric seats that do that, really when I read "Seats" I'm just always hoping someone figured out a way to make them lower. First thing I noticed going back to an 80 from a GX460 was how much higher the seat is, lower was easier and more comfortable to drive for me....

Last edited:
I know but I have electric seats that do that, really when I read "Seats" I'm just always hoping someone figured out a way to make them lower. First think I noticed going back to an 80 from a GX460 was how much higher the seat is, lower was easier and more comfortable to drive for me....
You have the wrong seats. The electric ones are too high.

One reason I changed to Audi seats was because of the ability to change seat angle, and extend the length of the seat base to give more support under my thighs.
Most seats, the base is too short, and I feel like I'm perched on the bones of my ass

In my 105 series. I cut up two seats and made an extended length seat base, and extended height seat back.
2" extra on both made a world of difference. Also modified pedal positions slightly for better driving position and more back comfort.

Did the same (but in a different way) in my current work shītbox. Am yet to alter pedal position to improve starting position, and back comfort a little more.

One reason I changed to Audi seats was because of the ability to change seat angle, and extend the length of the seat base to give more support under my thighs.
Most seats, the base is too short, and I feel like I'm perched on the bones of my ass

Here is an artist's depiction of the issue:

SeatBottomAngle.png

IMO, a lot of tall guys try to compensate by adding extensions so the seat slides further back. This will get your thighs on the seat, but you'll end up hunched to reach the wheel.

I have Audi A4 B8 seats. I did an accidental ~12 hour day of driving and had *zero* discomfort. If I tried that on the stock (cloth) seats, my ass would have been burning after only a couple of hours. And with the typical, worn-out left side of the stock seat, my lower back would have been sore, too.

My '89 Celica had a manual adjustment for raising the front edge of the seat, a simple lumbar support adjuster, and an adjustable telescoping steering column. I'm still wondering why the 80 didn't have those features...

Last edited:
Nice addition.

I fabricated a similar solution to allow my front seat trim panel (LX) to clear the fire extinguisher mount. 150K of seat time on mine and they still work and feel great.

Your solution is much more elegant 👍.

Square Tube.JPG

Valence Clearance.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom