Seat help Urgent! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SFROMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
so my wife moved my seat all the way forward and now it won't got back. I inspected below the seat and found the little cross cover had backed out and fallen on the floor board. I put it back where it belongs , reinforcing the gears but it still won't move back.

I went ahead and researched the issue and found lots of info on where to order new gears.

I went ahead and ordered new gears but not sure when I am going to get them.

The problem is I need to back the seat up now. I am scheduled to drive 16 hours in the next day or two and I simply do not fit. It sucks to try to fit and drive that close to the steering wheel. Especially not for 16 hours.

So I am wandering.
Can I manually move the seat in the mean time?

Can I switch the gears from the passenger side to the driver side seat?

These fixes would be short term fixes but I need to do something tomorrow if the new parts don't arrive.

Any help and or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, you can use the gears from the passenger's side - I did it the other way around, driver's gears to back up the passenger's side, but I guess it should work both ways. Easy mistake to make, by the way, might want to unplug the driver's seat so it doesn't happen again.

There are two spiraling rods. If you take the right size wrench and manually turn them the seat will move. Takes a little while to get where you wanna be but it works

Just a thought, how about pulling that phillips plug, run the motor a bit, reinstall the plug.

No idea if it cures that issue, just had the same thing happen & didn't touch the power buttons (did, then ran the button forward about as long, then ran the plug in) - mine has the same travel now.

No clue if that's a legit fix for it, but it has to work something like that, you would think.

There are two spiraling rods. If you take the right size wrench and manually turn them the seat will move. Takes a little while to get where you wanna be but it works
Dido what was said above. If you remove the seat and remove the rods from the gear housing, you should be able to just spin them by hand all the way back. Just make sure they are at even lengths otherwise your seat will be cockeyed.
1429505689951.jpg
1444108508336.jpg

Dido what was said above. If you remove the seat and remove the rods from the gear housing, you should be able to just spin them by hand all the way back. Just make sure they are at even lengths otherwise your seat will be cockeyed.
View attachment 1151247 View attachment 1151251
Also raise the front of the seat all the way up to access the plastic cover on the front of the seat. That will be the only way to remove that platic guard. See link below.

Seat gear install help

Last edited:
This happened to me a few weeks ago and I needed to drive asap. I just pushed back on the base of the seat with one arm while operating the switch . It rolled right back, maybe I was lucky but it's still working. Just a little leery about ever sliding it all the way forward again.

Ok guys thanks for the quick responses. I wil, give it a shot to move manually and report back if I have time.

WOOHOO!!

Went to unbolt the seat and checked the seat button after I took off each bolt and after the third one it started working.

I did notice that the rear bolt closest to the door was under a lot more tension that the rest.

Maybe previous owners changed the gears and put the tracks crooked and it is causing tension.

Not sure and quite frankly don't care.

Only part that sucks is that now I have to drive the 16 hours and not my wife. Haha

Thanks for the help guys.

The frame is definitely bent for some reason and it is causing the gears to bind.

I am having a hell of a time bolting the seat back down

Maybe getting t boned last year caused the frame to bend.

Not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom