Seat heaters not working after leather cover replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello humans! Happy 2020.

I just took LX470 to an upholstery shop to get new leather seats covers in the front seats. Seat warmers worked fabulously previously. After cover install the seat warmers on both driver and passenger side don’t work. Neither bottom or upper part of seat. The 15amp fuse on engine bay looks good. The lights on the buttons themselves illuminate properly.

Is there another controller for the seat warmers, like a timer or regulator? What else could it be? I went to the shop today and we looked at al connectors and looked at few other things removing a bit of the leather cover and all looks ok.
Any ideas?
Thanks 🙏

Get a multimeter and test for continuity across the plugs. Check the FSM for values. Probably broke some wires.

Connections under the seat probably were not reconnected. Crawl under and look. Other than that, the shop could have busted wires in them IF they were replacing the leather, not just placing covers over.

Me and the shop owner went over all the connections under the seat. All connected. Nothing stripped near butt connectors. All other seat functions work.

you have upper seat heat? my 05 just has bottom

Yes I had heaters on bottom and lumbar area. Not shoulder area.

Are you sure the heaters aren't working (no power), or is the heat transfer less efficient now that the aftermarket covers have new foam backing pad. Also the shop may have moved the seat heater mat from the seat cover to the cushion. The OEM secured heater pad to underside of seat cover using plastic barbs, whereas when replacing the seat cover it's easier to move the heater pad to the cushion and secure tabs with adhesive.

I replaced my seat leather with aftermarket and the new covers had 10mm foam backing, more than the thinner OEM foam. My seat heaters are definitely less effective now. Can't win them all.

See my truck has fairly heavy duty covers on the front seats and the drivers seat still gets plenty hot even with the stuff on there.

I have a separate problem with my PS one as it only works in the LO setting and only part of it.

It installed in the correct place. Covers are LSeats.com covers. Oem is thicker i feel like. Monday we are gonna inspect with a flashlight the wire and see where it got cut. Soldering the cut. I checked continuity and Both seats didn’t have any. Checked only bottom cushions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom