Seat (forward/back) motor issue - (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help...!!

Working on replacing seat gears and can't get motors to run more then 2-5 seconds or so.... I've gone so far as to pull everything apart, clean brushes and reassemble and try to run the motor only with no gears/drag on it and I'm still getting just a few seconds of run time then it stops.. Same issue on both sides, unplugging and plunging in again will get me another 2-5 seconds or so..

Metered output from switch and there are no issues with power loss from switch.

WHAT am I missing here... I'm puzzled that both motors are doing the same thing ?

When you say "metered output from the switch" was that just a voltage reading only?

I would try temporarily operating another DC load (fan, light compressor, etc.) of similar size to the seat motor from the power leads to the seat motor (rig up a temporary test harness) and see if that test motor behaves the same way. There may be damage/poor connections in the wiring harness upstream/downstream that is allowing voltage to pass through but not the current of running the motor.

When you say "metered output from the switch" was that just a voltage reading only?

I would try temporarily operating another DC load (fan, light compressor, etc.) of similar size to the seat motor from the power leads to the seat motor (rig up a temporary test harness) and see if that test motor behaves the same way. There may be damage/poor connections in the wiring harness upstream/downstream that is allowing voltage to pass through but not the current of running the motor.

Thanks for the input, I simply checked voltage output to ensure that power wasn't dropping out.. I'll certainly give your suggestion a try this evening and see if that leads anywhere..

Thanks for the input, I simply checked voltage output to ensure that power wasn't dropping out.. I'll certainly give your suggestion a try this evening and see if that leads anywhere..

Just hooked directly to the battery.. Same issue with both passenger and driver side motors... Any chance they want to see a load on them in order to keep working.(grasping for straws here)..!?

I'm staring to fear I might simply be working with a couple tired old motors.... So much for a simple gear fix...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom