Seat foam/cover question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ElPolloBlanco

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
instagram.com
40C83777-5441-4F6D-B4A8-89A6C2200508.jpeg
A2853F8C-6704-4E1B-9135-87289C76758B.jpeg

My seats have certainly seen better days. I’m looking at ordering the front seat kit from LSeat and doing the install myself because I don’t want to spend a ton of money to fix it. My question is, is the missing foam part of the seat cover, or the seat? There’s a white backing beneath the foam that’s there. Are the seat covers from LSeat just the leather? I’m assuming they are and I’ll have to repair the foam myself, however, I have no idea how to do that. Any info will help.

Looks like mine. The pad you see is in the cover. There's another one, under the cover, which you need to replace. You can still get them from OEM stock, but they're costly. If you have a good upholstery shop near you, they can make one for you. Either way, with the new pad, the seats will feel new; without the new pad, the seats will look new and feel old.
Upper seats, both sides
71551-60140
Right seat, lower
71511-60130
Left seat, lower
71512-60110

These are for the power seats. The manual seats have different pads.

This is on my list of "to do" items for the Lexus. Please make this thread one stop shopping for me and provide the link to the covers you find and some pics of how they install and fit when done. Thank you

Seat Foam is EVIL! Don't use it!

Since I'm a cheap bastid, and my seats looked like that.........

New seat leathers and foams add up to about $1100-$1400 then you have to install them.

What I did was buy seat covers from Cabela's:
Cabela's Low-Back TrailGear Seat Covers : Cabela's

Then, I bought wheelchair seat foam from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HM34LS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I trimmed the seat foam BOTTOM so it was only 1" thick instead of 2".

Then I glued the seat foam to the crappy leather seat in the correct position.

Then I removed the seat and installed the seat covers.

MUCH nicer than the hard crappy broken leather.

It took me about 30 minutes per seat for the covers and about 30 minutes per seat for the foam (trimming it).

So, all in all, I have about $120 in the front seats and they are more comfortable than they used to be. I can drive a long time and replace then about 10 times for the cost of getting the fronts done "the right way"........

FWIW.....YMMV

I have the 3 rd row seats and I am going to steal the leather and foam from them to repair my drivers side, I am having this done by a pro :flipoff2: it will cost me about 150

I just replaced my seat leather with LSeat covers. To answer your question, the leather you get from LSeat is lined with foam in the same way the oem ones are.

@beno has new covers, but I can't remember who he told me he got them from. He said he liked them.

I just replaced my seat leather with LSeat covers. To answer your question, the leather you get from LSeat is lined with foam in the same way the oem ones are.
But you still need the pad...

But you still need the pad...

What pad? The seat foam? More than likely it's fine. Mine was fine and I just reused it.

Since I'm a cheap bastid, and my seats looked like that.........

New seat leathers and foams add up to about $1100-$1400 then you have to install them.

I'm in the same boat. My original 20 year old seats are so uncomfortable. If I am going to replace the leather I am also going to refurbish them. You have a nice low cost option. If you are going to go the full OEM route, you might as well consider brand new aftermarket seats like these...Oh so nice.

Scheel-Mann Seat Install

You can even get them with arm rests! Drool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom