Seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm rough on my truck and am starting to tear up my leather. I'd rather cover it then replace it.

For those using seat covers, what are you using and how do you like em?

Keep - got back and check at the SOR site. This was dicussed pretty thoroughly - but more importantly - there were a lot of good pics. Sorry dude, not harping on ya, but you'll see some good pics if ya go back there.

I know someone was running the wet ahole's and I think Tyler was running pink and purple hand knitted ones :p

Keep,

I recently installed rear seat covers from Great Covers of
Colorado.

http://www.great-covers.bigstep.com/.

John Holmaas recommended their seat covers. I believe this company is used by many dealers for aftermarket cloth covers. Check out their "overstock" section. They had 2nd seat (2nd row is what I wanted to cover) in Oak for my 97 $79 plus shipping. The covers arrived a few days after ordering and I put them on at lunch. The velour type material is a very nice quality fabric. The underside of the seating surfaces has a thin foam backing. The back of the seat is fully covered with a matching fabric material (not foam backed and not velour.) These look very good in cruisers with the oak interior color. Installation was over the factory leather seats. The package was complete with headrests, fold-down arm covers, seat back and seat bottom for the individual rear seats. The covers even came in a plastic zippered bag. Nice touch. I think their installation directions are for generic vehicles. The supplied instructions did not match the rear seat layout of the 80 series.

Installation took about 1 hr. They use velcro for fasteners; most places it's velcro to velcro. In some places it's velcro to existing carpet. I didn't spend a lot of time doing the perfect fit bit but even without trying the fit is very good.

My first impression is that these are very good covers; excellent considering the price. They have been installed for about 2 months and are holding up well to dog slobber and the soccer team.

I will try to post a couple of pics next week. I'm having some problems attaching photos for some reason. Also, it appears someone has absconded with my free web site and changed the PW. :(

-B-

Last edited:
Pink and Purple? Sounds like Tyler....

I bought a set of the of Wet Okeles for my 911 a while back. I was happy with the fit and all, but didn't really care for the squishy seat. Neoprene is a bit pricey too... more then I need to spend on my beater.

Maybe I'll just cover the leather in duct tape. :D

I've got the Great Covers seat covers over leather like Beo, too. I got the fronts at regular price ($109) and the middle row at Web price ($79), even though I orderded all on the phone. &nbsp:Didn't get third row covers, but they're available, too. They're all custom made when ordered.

The fit is really great, with one exception (I'll post photos if I get a chance to take some). On the driver's seat, there needs to be an additional strap to hold down the portion just behind the electric seat controls. From getting in and out, mine has pushed up in that area a lot, and even with tugging at it to sort of recenter it every time I climb in, it still does it.

I'm going to call Great Covers today to see if there's a fix (or an additional velcro strap perhaps).

Otherwise, they're very nice, fit over the leather well, feel great, and come with all kinds of pockets (behind side, on seat side, and seat front), which is a nice addition.

If you have gray leather, I recommend the A8 "charcoal." It's actually a pretty medium or slightly lighter gray. &nbsp:Down in the sunny Sonoran Desert, that's a great color (lighter than the gray leather, at least on my 118K-mile rig), and much cooler than the leather on warm days!

Simmons

Junk , If I'm ever near Jersey , would you mind if I dropped in on you ? *EG* I've got some needles I'd like to share with you ... knitters that is . Come in handy as therapy later ... oh , and new seat covers as well . The wools on me :D ( sheeps' clothing , and all that 8) )

|yler

Actually, we have a sheep farm less than 1/4 mile away. Yeah, seriously, no crap. My small town actually has one. :D

Now seriously, anytime anyone from here is in NJ, lemme know and we'll hook up. Ya ain't gonna install curtains in my beater though :p

I have great covers....good stuff!

ditto on the GT Covers. I got 'em for front and second row. Fits nicely and looks great. They also have lots of pockets on the front seats.

Just a install hint on the front seats - remove the four seat anchor bolts and tilt the seats back for access. This makes it much easier and faster install. Don't forget to separate the seat adjustment connector.

Ali

inacoma said:
link didn't work :(

here's the pic -- the driver side wsa covered and the passenger wasn't --

-- covers are gone -- replaced with GTs in my 91, 94 is bareback --

e

Last edited:
am reading a lot of good stuff about these GT covers. Both on velours and Endura (nylon). Any comment about pros and cons of each material?

And I imagine the installation is too lengthy to put on and take off after each wheelin' outing?

And doesn't hurt the leather by rubbing etc, does it?

E

erics_bruiser said:
here's the pic -- the driver side wsa covered and the passenger wasn't --

-- covers are gone -- replaced with GTs in my 91, 94 is bareback --

e

how does the hole with the controls look? and the back? any visibility of the straps and such?

did you replace your okole covers with the GT? why?

I'm two steps closer to getting the okole...but this thread has me looking at GT as well

Kumar

Kumar,

Just wait 'till Colorado and you can see the covers in person!

I'm impressed with the workmanship of the GT covers. Also, their cust service is top notch.

Ali

inacoma said:
how does the hole with the controls look? and the back? any visibility of the straps and such?

did you replace your okole covers with the GT? why?

I'm two steps closer to getting the okole...but this thread has me looking at GT as well

Kumar

the back of the covers is decent -- with pockets for magazines and junk -- there's even storage pockets in the front, between your legs, and on the sides --

-- the GTs are a lot more durable than the okoles, imho, and the don't fade and stuff like the okoles do (with time) --

-- they're def. worth a look --

eric

erics_bruiser said:
the back of the covers is decent -- with pockets for magazines and junk -- there's even storage pockets in the front, between your legs, and on the sides --

-- the GTs are a lot more durable than the okoles, imho, and the don't fade and stuff like the okoles do (with time) --

-- they're def. worth a look --

eric

are they as snug fitting? and is the cordura like the tweedish material on backpacks what you guys are using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom