Seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me where I can get factory seat covers or fabric for my 1983 FJ60. The fabric is gray and blue striped.

3927280A-7007-4EBF-914F-1BFD7D872705.jpeg

8142F1B3-03D9-468D-9B26-009818171544.jpeg

Not available.
The "best" seat cover I found is a plush large size premium bath towel. They're super absorbent to soak up sweat and they're soft & cushy to sit on. Easy to remove and shake out any time and easy to toss in a washing machine too if needed. They come in every color and are easily installed by poking the head rest supports through the towel.
If I was offered any seat cover in the world, I'd choose a plush bath towel instead every time . (They're also not expensive).

After using towels over the seats for 28 years, my seats still looked virtually new. BTW - your fabric looks great. Same pattern & color as mine.

Not available.
The "best" seat cover I found is a plush large size premium bath towel. They're super absorbent to soak up sweat and they're soft & cushy to sit on. Easy to remove and shake out any time and easy to toss in a washing machine too if needed. They come in every color and are easily installed by poking the head rest supports through the towel.
If I was offered any seat cover in the world, I'd choose a plush bath towel instead every time . (They're also not expensive).

After using towels over the seats for 28 years, my seats still looked virtually new. BTW - your fabric looks great. Same pattern & color as mine.
The driver’s seat needs some work. If I could find that pattern I could get it fixed.

What’s your budget? I’m about a month from making a purchase of replacements….or upholstery shop for cleanup and minor repairs to soft goods on interior. My first option is buy the covers from the usual suspects for $500 and YouTube how to install. If the materials are in good shape and need to be cleaned but want to replace foam that’s collapsed that’s not a bad option. I actually went to my local upholstery shop yesterday to quote out the following:
-4 door cards 4 inch pieces replaced at top of door cards where sun and elbows made a few cracks.
-Pull front seats and sew in new vinyl into seats and headrest where cracks from fat asses were, also sun fading on outside of both seats. However my pinstriped fabric is good but they will steam them to restore.
-Steam headliner from greasy paws.

Total: $1000 with 3 day turnaround. This basic cleans up what I have yet keep 90% with mending and trim pieces replaced.

time is money, I’m thinking for a $k drop off and pick up. (Alternative is probably a week of cussing to spend $500 on covers and $1000 of my sanity.

identify foam that needs to be replaced at a minimum and either buy them from one of the usual suspects or drop the seats off at upholstery shop and have them cut your foam and you can put covers on or have them do it. eBay has some fabric that matches pinstripes.

the hotel towel idea is cool but couldn’t personally do it. Saw on IG this week someone slipped on measured aftermarket plaid covers and they looks like they were cut just for the cruiser, Amazon specials though.

Look for a rear seat just for the fabric, or use your rear seat fabric on the front and cover the rear seat with something different

I have not ordered the front yet, but plan to soon. Carhartt from Covercraft. My seats are actually in excellent condition and this is how I am going to keep them looking good while I have fun in my truck.
Fj60seat1.jpg

I have not ordered the front yet, but plan to soon. Carhartt from Covercraft. My seats are actually in excellent condition and this is how I am going to keep them looking good while I have fun in my truck.
View attachment 2707301
I looked on their site…those look great but couldn’t find 60 seat covers?? Do you have that part number for them? Nice work

I looked on their site…those look great but couldn’t find 60 seat covers?? Do you have that part number for them? Nice work
Double checked...they are there. Just go to the Carhartt seat covers and then you sort by plugging in your year, make and model....

CARHARTT PRECISION FIT CUSTOM SEAT COVERS
$406.00
Part #: GTT652CABN
1st Row
For Vehicle: 1983 Toyota Land Cruiser Base
Option: With bucket seats with adjustable headrests without seat airbags
Color: Carhartt Brown
Quantity: 1

Ok thanks…I will revisit it!! Appreciate the reply!

I think I found the answer to my question above by zooming in. Also noticed on another thread you needed to cut the carpet and had exposed straps on the back of the backseat to get it to fit so nicely. That’s a deal breaker for me, if that’s true?

I think I found the answer to my question above by zooming in. Also noticed on another thread you needed to cut the carpet and had exposed straps on the back of the backseat to get it to fit so nicely. That’s a deal breaker for me, if that’s true?
you do...I used the same heat blade I used when I put in my new carpet. I dont see any way around it for back seat covers. They are small slits that dont run because I cut it with a heated blade. Carpet is easy to replace if it ever bothered me that bad.....my original seats are in great condition and well worth a few carpet slits to keep them that way as I use mine as a hunting vehicle frequently. Besides, no one would ever see the back of my seat as I have a drawer system in the back.

Thanks that makes sense. Like you, my seats were/are in good shape and I wanted to use the truck so I looked at the seat covers you pictured. My cargo area carpet wasn’t in such great shape and you’re right that is a relatively cheap/easy fix so I replaced that. When I drive this truck I am often with my dog who likes getting into any water she can find. Because of that I ended up going a different route and these worked out well for me. You can see they allow for the headrest(s), even have covers for them, cover the back and they are waterproof. They also have a nice padding built in and the front seats had a few different pocket and heating options. I think they were around the same price but I’d have to confirm that….
AB763FC8-457E-42C4-9F82-DB9B0C804159.jpeg

1098AC14-9D5C-4AFF-83AA-025F631CBA0F.jpeg

15E3AA3D-F25D-42DF-AA72-CC9FB24B3B1C.jpeg

Thanks that makes sense. Like you, my seats were/are in good shape and I wanted to use the truck so I looked at the seat covers you pictured. My cargo area carpet wasn’t in such great shape and you’re right that is a relatively cheap/easy fix so I replaced that. When I drive this truck I am often with my dog who likes getting into any water she can find. Because of that I ended up going a different route and these worked out well for me. You can see they allow for the headrest(s), even have covers for them, cover the back and they are waterproof. They also have a nice padding built in and the front seats had a few different pocket and heating options. I think they were around the same price but I’d have to confirm that….
View attachment 2718557
View attachment 2718558
View attachment 2718559
What brand of cover are these @Effjaysixtwo?

View attachment 2718557
View attachment 2718558
View attachment 2718559
I'd love to know the brand/source on these covers! Anyone have an idea?

Wetokole.com

I have had Wetokole in my rig since the 90s and it has held up pretty well. I got grey and black to match my interior (looked nice) and notice the grey shows dirt or other things you may spill at bit more, so if I was doing it again I would order all dark colors. At least for me, the seats seem to percolate sweat a bit in the hot weather if I am wearing shorts. For the back seat, I avoided cutting the carpet where it connects to the seat by just attaching the velcro of the cover directly to the carpeting which seemed to work fine (you could also cut the carpeting and go that route).

That being said, I will likely try something different when I replace them -- was looking at Escape Gear (but shipping is expensive) Shop - Escape Gear - https://escapegear.com/vehicles/toyota/land-cruiser-60/?wpce_search=9866&post_type=product

I follow up on my post. I purchased the front and am very happy with them. They are tough, tight fit and do a great job protecting my originals that are in very good condition.
Frontseatcovers2.jpg

Frontseatcovers1.jpg

I did those precision fit carhartt covers in my '85 awhile back as well. Very happy with them.

Here they are in gray:

i-tWpfp9K-XL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom