Seat belts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just recently bought a 70 FJ55, which has made me extremely happy. It does have a few issues, one of which is that the seat belts are old and don't latch properly. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to get some replacement seat belts or other options? Also, the front floor bottom radiates a lot of heat from the engine, which would be fine in the winter, but really isn't all that comfortable in the Arizona heat. Any suggestions?

One last thing, has anyone posted on how to troubleshoot the power rear window. The one on mine was working on and off, but has now decided to quit altogether. There's no noise when I turn the key and the window is permanently up (at least for now). Any help would be much appreciated.

Luis

My seatbelts aren't worth a darn either. So I just swapped that one to the passenger side so i could latch myself. I am going to swap the belts from the parts cruiser I'm buying because they work good. As for the heat there are all kinds of different heat shield fabrics you can buy. I'm not a big window person sold mine because it was working and I didn't need it. But I would say you need to check all the wiring to make sure its hooked up properly grounded properly and also the fuses. After that I don't really know it could be the infamous little plastic gear in there and the engine might be working. Good luck and get some pics of the cruiser up for us.

Found some pretty good replacments at http://store.yahoo.net/wescoperformance/resebe.html Only problem is that the DS doesn't have the contacts for the seat belt buzzer/warning light. Keep your metric fasteners - Wesco only provides SAE hardware. Had to make a bushing from some sch 40 pipe for the attachment point on the "B" pillar.

Front seats need the 20" end while the rears can get away w/ the 9"

Harry

i bought lap belts from quadratec.com for my 60. they work great and were cheap.

I was pretty happy with the FJ40 set from CCOT, and I think IronPig Offroad uses them in Pigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom