Seat Belts/harnesses suggestions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy-

Got my new Saab seats into the cruiser and had to swap out the rear belts for the retractable ones up front.

I am looking into options for a shoulder harness, 4 point type setup. What do I need to be looking at. I am adding a rear bar behind the seats so I can mount the shoulder straps correctly.

This is my DD so I dont want a Nascar setup for getting in and out. Is there any convient safe setups out there?

What about lap belt options? I still would like to be able to lean out and see tire placement without unbuckling.

Thanks in advace-

Drew <><

4 point are the nascar style... Though you have a few, kinda modern day options. Corbeau has a retractible one, so its similar to a 3 point style, but I hear they dont lock until you move forward a good foot. There are diff levers, like a cam style lever, or your standard latch, and some have regular seat belt style latch. Search the pirate board ( pirate4x4.com) as this has been covered alot over there. search for corbeau and you'll see the ones I mentioned. summit racing has alot of them for sale. They come in diff widths too, so it all comes down to personal preference.

-Dustin

Cool cruisers offers a seat belt set up. Shoulder and Lap belts.
I have the Corbeau 4 point and they are a bit of a pain.Good if you roll bad if you need to reach something. You can put both in and use on on road another off road.

check out shroth(sp?) belts they make a system with a fixed lap belt and a retracting shuolder harness. carl

Personally I wouldnt use a retracible belt off road.

I've seen too many situations where a truck is stuck in a dangerous situation, the driver has got out to have a look, got back in and cant put on the belt because it's locked up.

Depending on your road regs, you can always get some made up - here the aviation shops can do 'approved' stitching - I've previously had a 4 point made up with the shoulder staprs stiched to the lap - easy to do up/undo, not quite as quick ot get out of in an emergency as a proper 4 point which releases each strap seperately.

My static 3 point is roll tested and performed perfectly!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom