Seat Belt Webbing Replacement (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I used them ... really fast turn-around ... I like them so far 10 months later.

I’ve rewebbed my own using new webbing and an industrial sewing machine. While you’re at it consider lengthening them a bit if you’ve customized your rig at all.

In my case it started out having lap belts and it now has three point seatbelts on 4/5 seats. The front belts were from a newer 40 and the outer rear were from a Mini-truck.

I’ve rewebbed my own using new webbing and an industrial sewing machine. While you’re at it consider lengthening them a bit if you’ve customized your rig at all.

In my case it started out having lap belts and it now has three point seatbelts on 4/5 seats. The front belts were from a newer 40 and the outer rear were from a Mini-truck.

Originally having just lap belts I put some belts with shoulder strap, I guess that is a what is called a three point, from a Fiat in my FJ40.
My wife fussed about the shoulder strap every once in a while until I laid the cruiser on the drivers side at Pismo.
I looked at her hanging above me and asked if she was alright.
She said yes and has never complained since.

The belts are almost as old as the cruiser and looking that way so very once in a while I think about replacing them but you know how it is.
I have considered making my own but the old heavy duty sewing machine I have has issues.
Have any pictures of your DIY belts?

To anyone that just have lap belts i strongly recommend something with a shoulder restraint.

Originally having just lap belts I put some belts with shoulder strap, I guess that is a what is called a three point, from a Fiat in my FJ40.
My wife fussed about the shoulder strap every once in a while until I laid the cruiser on the drivers side at Pismo.
I looked at her hanging above me and asked if she was alright.
She said yes and has never complained since.

The belts are almost as old as the cruiser and looking that way so very once in a while I think about replacing them but you know how it is.
I have considered making my own but the old heavy duty sewing machine I have has issues.
Have any pictures of your DIY belts?

To anyone that just have lap belts i strongly recommend something with a shoulder restraint.
No pictures, but nothing exciting to see in pictures. Black seatbelt webbing, black nylon thread, copy of the original stitching (more or less).

1) If anyone is going to do it, make sure the tension is correct for the thread, don’t cheap out on thread, mimic stitch length & pattern, and err on the side of stronger.

2) If you’re not 100% confident in your sewing ability or the quality of material, pay someone else to do it. I’m not saying it’s overly difficult, just it’s a lifesaving device.

Safetyrestore just did my 200 series rear dog chewed belts. No electronic functions needed: they work as good as new. I would recommend to everyone. Getting the lower anchor bolts required lots of torque, rust blaster, and heat from a soldering gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom