seat belt rewebbing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious if anybody has had their seat belts restored by getting them rewebbed?

If so who did you use and how much did it cost and were you happy wth the results?

Thanks,
Daryl

Never used them, but these guys do seatbelt resto.
Ssnake oyl

I used SSnake Oyl. Generally they did a good job. They recolored the buckles and a re-web. What they didn't do that I think they could have found a way to was re-color the buttons and paint or powder coat the mounts.

Honestly I sort of felt like I was bothering them. They mostly do older muscle car belts, said this was the first set of Land Cruiser belts they had done. Instead of seeing it as an opportunity I think they just want to stick to what they do.

Spendy too. 3 bills for two rears and front buckles, nothing was done to the front belts.

I can post some pix if you want.

I used SSnake Oyl. Generally they did a good job. They recolored the buckles and a re-web. What they didn't do that I think they could have found a way to was re-color the buttons and paint or powder coat the mounts.

Honestly I sort of felt like I was bothering them. They mostly do older muscle car belts, said this was the first set of Land Cruiser belts they had done. Instead of seeing it as an opportunity I think they just want to stick to what they do.

Spendy too. 3 bills for two rears and front buckles, nothing was done to the front belts.

Yes, please post pics. I have been considering using them.

I learned about them while restoring a 66 Mustang and the cost kept me away. I ended up sourcing some old ones with good webbing and redoing the buckles myself.

Ssnake oyl did the ones on my Corvette. It beat paying $350 for the new GM belt.

I have bought stuff from Beams, they're one of the largest manufacturers of seat belts. They own seatbeltplanet.com I think its better to send chromed parts to chromer, parts you want to powder coaters and then send it all for rewebbing to any of the restorers for a reduced fee (hopefully).

Give Stewart a call at Python Restorations. I used him to restore my 442 seat belt set. I believe he's in Texas. His does great work and he was less $ than Ssnake Oyl.

I have bought stuff from Beams, they're one of the largest manufacturers of seat belts. They own seatbeltplanet.com I think its better to send chromed parts to chromer, parts you want to powder coaters and then send it all for rewebbing to any of the restorers for a reduced fee (hopefully).

Yeah, chrome was good but yeah wished I had done that with the rest.

I will post some pix tonight.

Do it yourself.. Hit a pick and pull, find a Toyota that has belts in the colour, configuration you want and in working order. I got a pair a few years ago from a near new wreck in Kelowna and just used them a few weeks ago. Not difficult to do yourself. There is a thread on diy on the net, maybe even here, cannot remember. Nice newer belts for probably under $20.

Here are the pix.

They send you webbing samples so any color issues are my problem. I think they are pretty close.
DSC01157.jpg
DSC01158.jpg
DSC01161.jpg

Few more...
DSC01162.jpg
DSC01163.jpg
DSC01165.jpg

And more...
DSC01166.jpg
DSC01167.jpg
DSC01168.jpg

So just to finish this off. I wish I had used their tag service to transfer the tags from the old belts to the new ones. Again would have been nice if they had asked. I forgot about it.

For the release buttons I had a local decal/car wrap guy make me a sheet of vinyl "press" decals. I am very pleased with the results. The dimpling above the PRESS is something the stupid camera added they are reasonably smooth.

Someone like Shane could have these made with the proper font and lettering size but these work for me.
DSC01291.jpg
DSC01292.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom