Seat belt recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For my 73 FJ40. I have a new roll bar (from PO) that is fully welded at the connections from vertical to horizontal. Cool cruisers shows a roll bar with a plastic cover at the joint (verical to horizontal on the bar) that has a bolt where the seat belt bolts to... Is there another setup that I'm missing? Can I buy the plastic part? I called Cool Cruisers and they don't sell the piece that is in their photos on the website... Thanks

More details

What are you talking about? Where the shoulder belt free end is attached to the roll bar? A hole may be drilled through the bar and the belt end is attached to a bolted-down eyebolt or anchor of some sort. The cover is cosmetic. Go to Schroth Racing website Welcome to SCHROTH Safety Products, Germany & read up on their safey harness technical articles. To check prices & other products, Competition Safety Gear

Last edited:
I was looking for a bracket that clamps around the bar in lieu of drilling a hole through the roll bar. Thanks for the links and suggestions.

For my 73 FJ40. I have a new roll bar (from PO) that is fully welded at the connections from vertical to horizontal. Cool cruisers shows a roll bar with a plastic cover at the joint (verical to horizontal on the bar) that has a bolt where the seat belt bolts to... Is there another setup that I'm missing? Can I buy the plastic part? I called Cool Cruisers and they don't sell the piece that is in their photos on the website... Thanks

That's a post 73 factory rollbar.

don't drill a hole in the roll bar! do as MDTyree said weld a plate to the roll bar and drill the hole in it and bolt the seat belt to it. and try a search for it if you have not done so already because i remember some pics of one on here a while back.

I agree with the above. If it hasn't been drilled, don't drill it. Welding a tab also creates a stress area but drilling reduces the amount of steel & creates a shornuff fracture zone. The CCOT illustrations are micky-mouse installations. The anchor points should be to structural points. Their roll bars & yours are installed on the inner wheelhouse, like drilling holes in the floor. You can buy harnesses that go behind the seat and anchor to the seat mounts where they bolt up to the main crossmember of the tub. I did wrap-around shoulders & clip-ons for the waist belt - I have installed bolted backup plates to the roll bar mounts & will run braces from them to the frame as soon as I can devise a practical way to do it. Forget about a clamping bracket, unless you spot weld it in place.
LoveBossPictures 009.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom