Seat Belt Planet Customization (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macdaddy59

SILVER Star
Threads
So I want4d to keep my seat belts as original as possible but needed to replace the retractors. So I called Steve at Seat Belt Planet and talked it over with him and here is what we came up with.

The rear jump seats I kept the OEM original buckle and receiver and had them install new webbing. I cleaned up both the buckle and receiver prior to having the new webbing installed as this made it easier to paint and clean without damage to the new webbing. I used the Audi pewter color that I used on the other interior pieces on the button and then gave the body of the receiver 2 coats of epoxy and one finished coat of satin black.

For the 3 point front seat belts I purchased new retractors but had my OEM original male receiver installed so I could use the original receivers with them. I painted them in the same way described above and shot the black plastic covers to the receivers with SEM black paint. This way I get to use the original wiring as well.

Everything came with new hardware to install.

IMG_3841.JPG

IMG_3842.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

Nice. My retractors have some issues, buckles are mostly good, but the drivers side webbing is fraying badly, so I think I'll have to send them all out to be re-done next winter. How long did it take to get them back?

Nice! The passenger side retractor went south on my ‘78 a few years ago, so they reworked the passenger side, good work but it was spendy

I spent just under that for passenger side only🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom