Seat Belt Mounting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PO did not have front seat belts mounted when I bought the truck this week. Does anyone know the bolt sizes to get them mounted?

How are the lower dash pads held on?

Thanks!

One bolt threads into the outside (door side) of the OEM side seat bracket. Most have the top pivot bolted to the roll bar bracket.

So I still can't figure out the bolt sizes but I know where it all goes thanks to you guys. I don't want to wait for an SOR order. Does anyone know the exact size so I go to a hardware store ?

7/16 fine thread is a common international standard. Not sure of the lengths though. Typically they say you want at thread engagement equal or greater than the bolt diameter. Get them long and cut them down. If the fine thread is not avail at the hardware store you can order them from racing supply shops online and get them fast.

I'd just pull a seat belt bolt out of another car and see if it threads into the cruiser. I recently ordered belts for my 81 and they came with 7/16" bolts.

I'd just pull a seat belt bolt out of another car and see if it threads into the cruiser. I recently ordered belts for my 81 and they came with 7/16" bolts.

x2 Go to a junkyard and look at Toyota cars from similar years and get some bolts there.

7/16" is what you get with repro parts. They are certainly metric; maybe 12mmx1.2 fine thread? They're higher grade than normal too, at least 6.

Check through here. I think I remember seeing it as an 11mm. Not sure of pitch though. I'm pretty sure they used a goofy bolt to make sure one of the correct hardness is used. Good luck

It is a goofy one into the roll bar. I needed one, and Edwin, the guy that runs the Cruiser shop here in Austin helped me pick through a bin of bolts to find the right one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom