Seat belt hardware (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I have an April of 77 cruiser. I recently purchased specters seat belt set. My problem is I no longer have the bolts for my passenger side. Toyota says the bolts don’t exist and I cannot find them in my spare parts bin. What does everyone do for replacement bolts?

I think, 7/16 fine thread will work as being close enough to the metric hole.

I would go shopping here:

So it looks like it’s not just a bolt, but a series of specific washers too. Hmmm.

image.jpg

I’m working on seat belt stuff too. I needed to replace a missing jump seat buckle. An 88 4Runner rear center seat belt had an almost identical match. Here’s a hardware comparison between the FJ40 hardware (in the baggie) and the 88 4Runner hardware. The hardware may be available under a different vehicle p/n.

58C1CAC4-1307-40B8-A8E9-1433CAD44C69.jpeg

Per sae spec, seat belt bolts are 7/16-20. If you grab bolts out of a toyota, you’ll find a m14 head with 7/16-20 thread.

@Living in the Past I’ve found most of it at Ace Hardware. I still can’t find the correct spacer/washers that sandwich the seat belt point.

@SuperDuperCruizer ill look into that. The bolt looks right..

Might check Lowe's and Home Depot. I've gone thru thru the drawers in the hardware section and found items. Not sure Coper State nut and bolt is in Tucson. I have one close to my home in the valley. They have a large selection as well. Just be sure to take the the pieces your looking for off the driver's side. My first choice would be a pick and pull wrecking yard to locate some that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom