Ford seat belt chime (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I have a question on a '04 F150 seat belt warning chime. How the Hell can I disable it!:mad: this thing drives me nuts! The truck is used mostly around the farm and I'm constantly having to get in and out to open gates and s*** like that, no on road use. Is this a doable deal? thanks :cheers:

OK Man, your gonna have to print this off and follow the instructions sitting in the truck......

Permanent deactivation: There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that: The parking brake is set. The truck is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual). The ignition is OFF. All doors are closed. The driver's safety belt is un-buckled. The parking and headlights are OFF. Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START. Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes). Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights. Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt. This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds. Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

There ya go!

Jesus H K Christ! are you for real? :eek:

Yes... works best if you get someone to read off the instructions while you do the deed, cause if you screw-up you'll have to start over......

Is the procedure the same for '06/'07 Rangers as well? My work truck does that crap and the sensor in the passenger seat makes it go off if there's anything remotely heavy sitting there.

Seriously just find the wire coming from the buckle and unplug it. Should only be a foot or so before there is a quick disconnect.

Is the procedure the same for '06/'07 Rangers as well? My work truck does that crap and the sensor in the passenger seat makes it go off if there's anything remotely heavy sitting there.

same procedure applies.......

Seriously just find the wire coming from the buckle and unplug it. Should only be a foot or so before there is a quick disconnect.

No can do!..... the self diagnostic system will throw a driveability trouble code... when that happens you'll have the annoying MIL indicator illuminated.....:mad:

No can do!..... the self diagnostic system will throw a driveability trouble code... when that happens you'll have the annoying MIL indicator illuminated.....:mad:

I guess I'm used to older cars......

Thanks Grant for the instructions, I plan on giving it a try later on today when I can get some help. I want someone there just in case this procedure renders my truck totally useless or even worse, ejects me into a different time dimension or a parallel universe :eek: I'll let you know or have my helper do so depending on the outcome.:cheers:

what about a low tech solution? get another seatbelt 'male' end and leave it clicked into the 'female' side. junk yard, ebay, etc. just a thot.

but what if you want to put the belt on? You would have to take that clip out.

First thing I did for my friend on his FJ was disable that seatbelt chime. He bought it and brought it over to my house and i took it for a spin around my block, i flipped out listening to that chime. 20mins later that thing has never come on again.

Seatbelt chimes are the suxors, our 911 has it but i cant find any way to disable it....damn germans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom