SEAT BELT BUCKLE 97' 80 SERIES

fj80pb

SILVER Star
I have recently replaced the OEM front seats by an aftermarket manufacturer (Schell-Mann). I couldn’t be happier with the decision.
The install, with the Planted brackets, was breeze. A true bolt-on.
Following the instructions, I have reuse the OEM seat belt buckles. It worked just fine. I thought however putting new buckles would be even better.
The 97’ 80 series seat belt have a 26mm metal tongue. It would seem all Toyota models after that year were produced with the 22mm metal tongue. Obviously they are incompatible
After looking at different on-line vendors, I have realized the 80 series buckle (for the front seats) have been discontinued. Looking possible available alternatives of the same production year (4 Runner, T100, etc…) none of these online vendors could indicate wether it would work with the 26mm metal tongue
I have tried several searches here at the forum but to no avail. Therefore, I decided to open a new thread as I thought I’m not the first member, and certainly not the last, impacted by this discontinued part.
Does any forum member could indicate or clarify if, for instance, a T100 or 4Runner, buckle would work on the 80 series
Thanks!
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom