Seat belt brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star
Threads
Seat belt brackets for a FJ45LP-B

FOUND

Looking for the two brackets that were mounted in the top back corners of the FJ45 pickup top. These would be the mounting point for the three point seat belts. I could use the lower part also. I know the later year 45s had then in the Great White North (Canada). Please PM my if you know of some.

Thanks
John

Last edited:
Items found and bought. Thanks dr-claw

I could use pictures of the bottom mounting bracket. How it's located.

Here are a few pictures of these seat bealt mounting brackes installed. Not mine but a friend of mine who bought a top with them.
seat_belt_mounting_brackets_2.jpg
seat_belt_bracket_3.jpg

Are there any more where those came from ? iIwould like to switch mine from lap belts

I know I don't have anymore leads. I believe dr_claw only had this set he plan on using before he decided to put in a roll bar. I was surprised to find them. Not sure how many years they used them in Canada. I helped a friend put up a hard top for his FJ45 (the one in the pictures) many years ago. That was the first time I had ever seen them. Thru a few PMs it seems Australia didn't get them instead some kind a bolt was used thru the top of the B pillar. Maybe some one from Australia will post up a picture of how this was handled there. The plan is to use seat belts out of a FJ55. Then on the rare occasion I take the top off I will convert to lap belts.

Thanks again dr_claw.

:cheers:
John

Thru a few PMs it seems Australia didn't get them instead some kind a bolt was used thru the top of the B pillar. Maybe some one from Australia will post up a picture of how this was handled there.
John

A pic of mine, how they came to Europe, imported the 45 from Denmark.
fj453018gox0.jpg

Cheers
Peter

Thanks for the picture Peter. That is probably how it was done in Australia also. So three Pont seat belts were required in Denmark in 73? I know I had a 73 Monte Carlo I bought new. It had some funky strap you could attach to the lap belt if you wanted but wasn't required. According to SOR the three point seat belts were first imported on Land Cruisers made from 1/76 on. I know my 9/75 (76 model) FJ40 only has the lap belts.

John

I know I don't have anymore leads. I believe dr_claw only had this set he plan on using before he decided to put in a roll bar. I was surprised to find them. Not sure how many years they used them in Canada. I helped a friend put up a hard top for his FJ45 (the one in the pictures) many years ago. That was the first time I had ever seen them. Thru a few PMs it seems Australia didn't get them instead some kind a bolt was used thru the top of the B pillar. Maybe some one from Australia will post up a picture of how this was handled there. The plan is to use seat belts out of a FJ55. Then on the rare occasion I take the top off I will convert to lap belts.

Thanks again dr_claw.

John

John,

Those are most likely the brackets I sold to dr_claw. They were off my 78 CDN spec fj45

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom