Searched couldn’t find the answer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello....new here 👋. I have a couple of questions. If someone has the time and knowledge, I’d appreciate it.
I am the, new to me, owner of a ‘92 Hdj81. It’s full time AWD.
I did the CDL switch mod AND the 7pin mod.

Does anyone know at what speed, in high range, is it safe to turn the CDL on? On my past vehicles...the center lock could be engaged basically, “on the fly”. I really don’t want to dynamite my center differential.

Also, would adding front manual locking hubs essentially allow me to drive around in 2wd?

This question comes up every so often.
The CDL can be engaged at any speed as long as there's no wheel slip.
I routinely engage/disengage mine on a straight stretch of highway.
Just keep in mind that the ABS will be turned off until the next time you start.

And it's the "pin 7" mod.

Just keep in mind that the ABS will be turned off until the next time you start.

^^^

This.

I bumped my CDL button (same setup as yours) at 70mph on the freeway. Just drove along until the next off-ramp and turned it back off (it wouldn't driving at speed for whatever reason). Checked everything at the end of the trip. No issues.

Thank you 😁

^^^

This.

I bumped my CDL button (same setup as yours) at 70mph on the freeway. Just drove along until the next off-ramp and turned it back off (it wouldn't driving at speed for whatever reason). Checked everything at the end of the trip. No issues.
Thank you 😁

Do you think that adding front manual locking hubs would essentially allow me to drive around in 2wd?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom