Searchable FJ62 Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
We all have the PDF of the Parts catalog that seemed to have started out as MicroFiche, however has anyone put that through an Adobe Scan to recognize text and make it searchable? It would be a quick guide if we could search it instead of scrolling..... and scrolling.....

Last edited:
Can’t you search the pdf?

is the OP asking about the parts catalog or service manual?

For the parts catalog there are online sources that allow some searching, etc. It is much easier to use than the microfiche PDF I used to use where the pages were organized in a strange fashion.

for parts look up, I currently use this site. Just be sure to change your region of origin as (for me) it defaults to Japan, not USA.

My bad. Miss read the og post, and always wondered about being able to swatch the pdf manuals. I couldn’t search the ones I had so I converted them.

is the OP asking about the parts catalog or service manual?

For the parts catalog there are online sources that allow some searching, etc. It is much easier to use than the microfiche PDF I used to use where the pages were organized in a strange fashion.

for parts look up, I currently use this site. Just be sure to change your region of origin as (for me) it defaults to Japan, not USA.

If this is the same info as the parts catalog then it's much better. Thanks!

That parts catalog is sure organized in an incomprehensible order.

If this is the same info as the parts catalog then it's much better. Thanks!

That parts catalog is sure organized in an incomprehensible order.

Actually it is organized in complete numerical order. It is then subdivided by number/character in each numerical position for all 12 possible combinations; each position means something specific within either design and engineering, or supplier, engine, location, chassis, etc.

It’s quite well organized and probably one of the most intuitive part numbering systems developed in the 20th century (October 1963 to be exact).

:meh:

Actually it is organized in complete numerical order. It is then subdivided by number/character in each numerical position for all 12 possible combinations; each position means something specific within either design and engineering, or supplier, engine, location, chassis, etc.

It’s quite well organized and probably one of the most intuitive part numbering systems developed in the 20th century (October 1963 to be exact).

:meh:
Thanks for setting us straight, Onur! Maybe it's the copy I have. The correct page sequence seems to be ordered as 1A1, 1B1, 1C1, etc. but my pdf file is organzied as 1A1, 1A2, ...1A11, 1B1, 1B2, etc. So I have to do a lot of jumping around to go from one page to the next. When it was all I had to use, I got proficient, but now it's a lost art for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom