Builds Seamus' 1969 FJ40 build thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

this is pics from the auction I picked it up from and the install of my city racer LED headlights.

After pickup all engine/trans/diffs were drained and filled fresh.

plugs/rotor/cap/wires replaced.

Parking brake rebuilt with new seal and shoes.

top came off, I need to do some fiberglass repair and it needs new gutters and some minor rust repair. I think I am going to be putting a soft top on in the mean time. I think I am leaning towards a troll hole one unless there is reason to look for another. Also looking for a good set of bows for the soft top too if anyone has recommendations.
IMG_1907.jpeg

Looks good. I ordered a set from SOR a few weeks ago. Planning on installing this weekend. How hard was it too line up the brackets on the door?

Did you mark and then take off the door to drill and rivet? Any lessons learned for me?

Looks good. I ordered a set from SOR a few weeks ago. Planning on installing this weekend. How hard was it too line up the brackets on the door?

Did you mark and then take off the door to drill and rivet? Any lessons learned for me?
piece of cake, first I drilled the plate, then I assembled them and held in place with my hand as I closed the door, when I liked where it was I scribed a line on the top. opened the door matched it up to the line and drilled the door.

where in Brooklyn are you? I just left in March after being there almost 20 years.

I have a pneumatic rivet gun, highly recommended for stainless rivets. harbor freight sometimes has a coupon for one cheap. it works just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom