Seam sealer applicator gun (1 Viewer)

samatulich

SILVER Star
I’m currently prepping the cowl seam for new seam sealer. I have the 3M Urethane seam sealer and now realize that it requires an applicator gun. Curious if any of you guys have one to loan, sell or let go. Would be interested in alternative applicator guns too, if you know of any. Thanks.

Caulk gun, heat pad , wrap it in a towel and duct tape the towel to make a heat sleeve for the caulk gun , let get warm , keep in sleeve as you work, let it get hot and creamy, have some rags and thinner ready to wipe off extra, everything it touches is throw away, tape off around area to be applied, do a test squeeze to see how the flow is and how fast you’ll go, cut a nice tip on the tube as it will lay how it’s extruded so use the test squeeze to see what angle to hold at to lay a good bead

rkymtnflyfisher

Habitual Line Stepper
SILVER Star
I have one.

Edit- I have the one that is for dual cartridge 2 part sealers. Like the SEM stuff.

Last edited:
thats a good gun, have paper towels handy to wrap tip when not using, it oozes at rest a bit and again, everything it touches is trash or a PITA cleanup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom