seafoam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a can of seafom today, and tonight i plan to use it. i figure that since i do bed-time duty, and wont do it untill after dark, i think whatever smoke cloud comes out, i should be safe from the neighbors.
question: after i pour it in, and turn off the engine, wait 5 minutes, and then...how lopng should i run it AFTER ? :confused: untill the smoke clears? is it a long time? because its gonna be , like, midnight, and if it only a few minutres, i can handle that. but if its a long time, i might have to wait.
any healp if great!
hammer

mine 2f took like 15 mins i think

I poured seafoam from a class into the carb and had a friend hold it where it would get in the vac line at the same time and we let it sit for about 10 minutes or so, fired it up and let it idle for a few minutes then got in and drove it for about 5 minutes and it was cleared up.

You want to get it nice and hot before you do it. You can pull off the vac. line above the PCV let it drink a small cup and the engine will die. Wait 5 mins or so and then take it for a drive or wait until you are about to take a long drive to do it.

this stuf is GREAT!!!!
poured it in, and waitied about 30 minutes, while i put out the trash, picked toys in the yard, and generally tinkered around the shop. got in turned it on, and out came thi biggest cloud of white smoke I've ever seen, bigger than the old Pontiacs on the highway, burning oil. this went on for about ten minutes, the the first thing oi noticed that the idel smoothed out to around 800 rpm.
this morning, on the way to work, i go up a steep grade, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! more power, and way smoother acceleration.
if God is everywere, He certainly is in the 1 pint can of seafoam.
WOW

Hammer

Looks like I should try some Seafoam. My carb needs help, maybe this will help until I can rebuild it.

Thanks, Hodag

You can also pour a full can into your gas tank with a full tank of gas and it really helps clean out the build up inside. After i put some in my tank i had to readjust the carb cause it cleaned it so well. Great stuff.

full tank of gas?
i stopped filling up when it hit 2 bucks a gallon! :crybaby:

Hammer- pull and check your plugs. Seafoam is notorious for fouling up plugs because it knocks so much carbon loose. I only ever use sea foam right before a plug change anymore.

Just successfully passed AZ emmisions...w/ a desmogged '60 (long story...)

I'm convinced the seafoam was a huge part of it. And w/ new plugs and 5w-50w oil, my 295K mi 2F runs like it was new.

I got my Seafoam at Napa. Absolutely great stuff!

does this help seal rings? any drawbacks to using seafoam?

I poured 2/3 of it in my gas tank with about 3 gallons in it and the rest in the oil. It didn't smoke any, but it seemed to run smoother. Great stuff.

When you pour it in, do you pour it right into the Carb, or do you do something else?

:beer:

I went staight into the carb and, like NoCal, drank some through a vac line from the intake. I kept tipping a little at a time in the carb, throttled it up so it stayed running. After a 1/4 bottle of this, really gave it a good drink and let it die. After about 20 mins I couldn't wait any more and fired it up. It was dark, so I didn't get to enjoy the smoke fest. I put a spash in the oil and the rest in the near empty tank.

THe guy at Napa said not run it too hard with it in the oil. He actually recommended ATF for the oil. I changed the oil after about 20 miles. I've already got a bad rear main, so I'm running 50w. It doesn't seem to leak any worse.

Seriously, although I improved some other stuff at the same time, my truck really runs smoother now.

Pulled off the whole air cleaner assm and dumped it in every hole in the throat of the carb. I figured everything it touched would get cleaned up...

mister bean said:
This is probably a silly question. But where are you pouring it in the carb?

The inside barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom