eBay SD40 Carb with blue plate and original glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wonder what the final price will be?

I am guessing 650. I would say rebuilt in @FJ40Jim hands and that’s a 1k carb. Doesn’t get much more original than that

Maybe I should put one together to sell?
If a parts carb is $500, a rebuilt & tested unit should be a fair bit more.

Correct, a functioning one would be listed for at least 2500.00. I suppose all carbs , working, especially NOS , will command huge dollars.

$2500!?!/$#?!

You're kidding, right?

I am pretty sure a lot of people have been on here for some time. I am also sure you have been aware of values of all OEM parts are also going up in value. Perhaps now if a parts carb is 500.00, a completely refurbished one would sell much higher. Now, everyone out there that have some early carbs, you can now sell them and make some cash. When the FJ40 was going up in value, USA got flooded with FJ40s from all over the world to get a piece. It is still going on. On ebay I saw a floormat , NOS, sell for over 3000.00.

Yep, occasionally some beautiful parts show up, but at astronomical asking prices. Understood that authenticity comes at a price, years long after production ended. However, for those folks not independently wealthy, using a similar, but less costly replacement part should be acceptable whenever asking prices far exceed reasonableness. Just my opinion.

Either way, I'm gonna rebuild & validate a blue throttle/blue plate carb very soon.
Doesn't do me any good sitting on the core shelf, might get a classic Cruiser back on the road.

$529, was there a reserve?
so lets say, you have a $500 carb add in the rebuild and sprucing up now maybe $1000. I guess I don't ever see a carb going for $2500 but it's not beyond my means just beyond my want to have it.

NOS floormat sold for $3000 on ebay, great but did the buyer actually buy it

guess I could sell my 79+ floormat and2 SD40 carbs and go to Hawaii for 2 weeks

$529, was there a reserve?
so lets say, you have a $500 carb add in the rebuild and sprucing up now maybe $1000. I guess I don't ever see a carb going for $2500 but it's not beyond my means just beyond my want to have it.

NOS floormat sold for $3000 on ebay, great but did the buyer actually buy it

guess I could sell my 79+ floormat and2 SD40 carbs and go to Hawaii for 2 weeks

The floor mat was never used. It sold as New Old Stock. People are restoring these vehicles and to get the top dollar, sometimes these parts make the difference. There is a seller on ebay who just got 750.00 for early Warn hubs.

Another note, if you have vintage parts you could sell them and go somewhere. This is what I am saying, the as rarity goes up , so does price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom