SD Powder Coater reccomendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a good/decent price powder coater in SD, perferably North County area.

I am hoping to find someone that might be able to match my Ehsan bows to my body color (Freeborn Red 309). I was going to paint them myself but Finishmasters wants a crap load of money for the colormatched paint and hardners.

Thanks guys!

Chris

Chris, another option is to paint them yourself, there are online places that can match your body paint, is it the original toyota freeborn red? you can then order it in spraycans, not ideal for painting the whole car BUT perfect for what you are looking to do, I thought CCOT was selling the toyota colors in cans awhile back........

I've bought some Freeborn 309 touch up before and it is pretty close but not a perfect match. Pretty sure the PO tried to copy the original color with something similar. Finishmasters matched the color exactly but the smallest amount of paint I could buy from them cost $75 plus the hardner so that's why I wanted to check into a couple PC'ing quotes. PC'ing might work out better anyway since there will be some rubbing with the top material. If none of the PC'ers can match the color close enough I will just paint myself. I want it to look good since I don't ever plan on taking the bows off and there is a large visable area around the door frames with the top on or off.

Thanks bro, hangover gone yet?....might be time for some more wobly pops?

chris, if you want to come up to temecula, I am using precision powder coating, john is the owner, they did a decent job with a bunch of stuff for me, pricing seemed a bit high, but I didn't really shop it...

there is also rw little down by your place, near airport, also expensive

PPC - 951-693-5600

I deal with Eldorado Sand Blasting Co. Kevin Reese is the owner he is a great guy, they have a huge facility so for stuff like frames and whole bodies they are really well priced when you get into the small stuff I find it is better to take a bunch at a time. They do great work.

They are off of the 94 but pretty easy to get to them from all the freeways. Here is the contact information:

El Dorado Sandblasting Co (sales@eldoradosd.com)
El Dorado Sandblasting Co
2694 commerical Street
SAn Diego, CA 92113
619-696-0700

Cheers,

Michael

When I restored my wife's Camaro I priced through Olympic in Escondido(they seemed to have displays at all the Car Shows)
and RW Little on Pacific Highway...............RW Little was much better pricewise and closer to home.........

Randy down there runs the place and is very helpful..........I do everything through them.............

I don't know about exact colors but they have a big selection

Funny......I've never heard of El Dorado..........doesn't mean anything though

:beer:

I went to El Dorado on Mikes recommendation to get the bumper I bought off of him sand blasted. El Dorado does quite a bit of boating stuff and have a huge booth for full frames like Mike said.
I will probably be taking it back to get powder coated this summer because the paint just doesn't hold up like I had hoped. Figured I could just touch it up whenever with the rattle can but not worth it.
Here is a shot after it was sand blasted and back at the house.
014.JPG

015.JPG

Thanks guys, got the top off now to get the bows looked at for an estimate but have to wait for this rain to stop. Will let you know.

This rain is killing me!!! I wanted to do some painting. I am going to paint the frame around my Head Lights, I would like to make it white to match the roof. I have seen that a lot of you have the two matching. I think it looks way more classic that way.

I will post pics if I ever get a chance to paint it.

Cheers,
Elwin
:beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom