Screws help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That looks pretty good to me... did you use seam sealer on the threads?

I can't remember for sure but I probably coated the fastener threads and under the screw head with RTV.

Not surprising.
The male screw in female thread insert is close enough to plugged that you would probably never get an actual leak.
Mine never did (the factory install), but the problem isn't that - it's corrosion, one drop at a time over the years.
Mine are badly corroded from years in Phoenix AZ weather - so water obviously did get in there and sat, over and over again.

It's quite possible there is some corrosion there. It's the trade off between $20 for a few screws and washers or paying someone a bunch of money to weld and paint.

I can't remember for sure but I probably coated the fastener threads and under the screw head with RTV.

It's quite possible there is some corrosion there. It's the trade off between $20 for a few screws and washers or paying someone a bunch of money to weld and paint.

Hello neighbor.

I will be removing my rack soon but I want it all gone hardware holes and the rack.
Like it was never there.
I will be using fiberglass impregnated Bondo and yes I will be dimpling the holes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom