Screwed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m in the process of installing a new radiator and I was going to change the oil pump cover gasket initial I saw this:

What is the process to remove screws like this?

B01CFEAD-A78D-40BC-A366-0AACFD20615F.jpeg

I have had good luck with screw extractors before. Potentially in a manual (hand and hammer) impact driver. I would suggest not trying the others until you have a JIS bit, though.

2nd ^ Snapon left handed drill bit will extract it easily. Buy a set of them, you'll probably need them again.

Even if not Snap On, O'Reilly's carries a set of left-handed bits and screw extractors. I have had good luck with them and they are readily available.

I've used the Grab It Pro Speedout extractor; using a M12 Fuel compact drill or impact driver first drill a depression in the scew with one side of the extractor, then flip the extractor and zzipp out comes the screw.

i had the same thing. got them all out. Speed out worked well for me. but below are more options.

Even if not Snap On, O'Reilly's carries a set of left-handed bits and screw extractors. I have had good luck with them and they are readily available.
After much thought i have decided I don't know why all bits are not left handed. I picked up a cheap set of lefties at HF but I am betting O'Reilly's has better quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom