screwed by Jim at OCD Tops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A true measure of a changed man would be the "making it right" of all past mistakes, or in this case, thievery. I don't know if anyone has said he has changed in this thread but I get the feeling that there is a bit of "that was then and this is now" creeping in on certain posts. Until everybody gets what they paid for regardless of how long ago it was he is thieving scum in my opinion.

wouldn't he still be a thief afterwards?

He would move from thieving scum to just a thief ;)

I have respect for people who actually change and make things right. Even more for those who give a true from the heart apology without making any excuses for their actions other than they were dead wrong. There are things that are hard to make up for but a start to making up for not giving someone something they paid for is pretty easy. GIVE THEM WHAT THEY PAID FOR!! I'd give them the top they paid and refund my profit for starters. When and if I could I would refund the rest.

Being in a family business my whole life we have been nailed so many times and not once did anyone make it right. Most of the time it is customers that know they are heading into bankruptcy or closing the doors knowing full well they are never going to pay us for the products and services they ask us to provide. I make it a point to never make the customer pay for my mistakes.

He would move from thieving scum to just a thief ;) I have respect for people who actually change and make things right. Even more for those who give a true from the heart apology without making any excuses for their actions other than they were dead wrong. There are things that are hard to make up for but a start to making up for not giving someone something they paid for is pretty easy. GIVE THEM WHAT THEY PAID FOR!! I'd give them the top they paid and refund my profit for starters. When and if I could I would refund the rest. Being in a family business my whole life we have been nailed so many times and not once did anyone make it right. Most of the time it is customers that know they are heading into bankruptcy or closing the doors knowing full well they are never going to pay us for the products and services they ask us to provide. I make it a point to never make the customer pay for my mistakes.
When Jim came to me this past summer wanting me to distribute his tops I agreed only if he would take care of all his past customers and get them caught up. He assured me that would be done by the end of August. I saw his list and it wasn't very long. Maybe 4-6 tops. He took care of 1 on that list but it was like pulling teeth to get him to do it. There was always a promise of next week. I ended up selling 4 or 5 tops with him before people started coming out of the woodwork with never getting a top or a refund. Last I heard none of them had been taken care of. And I stopped selling his tops after being lied to about the guy in Belgium.

At that point I started searching for a company that could produce tops locally for me. Found one that's 20 min away from me. Worked with them for a couple months getting things perfected. Been selling my own tops as well as other products for the past 3 months. No issues and the product is ten time better along with being able to sleep at night.

Last edited:
",,,,Not really cool trying to publicly out him..."

Normally I might agree with you; but in light of the number of people he has taken payment from and returned no goods, I think any effort to locate him is valid. I am sorry if anyone thinks an effort to "out him" is worse than him remaining unfound. Those with more recent contact could help all members who have a claim against him; but some seem uninterested in doing so. With a little effort, he can be located. All the information I listed is in the public domain; the google map showing what appears to be his white FJ40 in the drive was found today with very little effort

That's a big claim - I've never heard anyone knock the quality of his product.

Then you have never seen my tops. Jim makes a mean top. It's hard to beat his precision. But it's the materials that make up the top that were my issue.

Anyway I'm done talking about this. Just bad feelings all around about jim.

Jim I know your reading this. Make good on your promise to take care of your past customers. Please.

",,,,Not really cool trying to publicly out him..." Normally I might agree with you; but in light of the number of people he has taken payment from and returned no goods, I think any effort to locate him is valid. I am sorry if anyone thinks an effort to "out him" is worse than him remaining unfound. Those with more recent contact could help all members who have a claim against him; but some seem uninterested in doing so. With a little effort, he can be located. All the information I listed is in the public domain; the google map showing what appears to be his white FJ40 in the drive was found today with very little effort

Your wrong about his 40. It's gone and has been gone for sometime as far as I know.

Trollhole said:
Then you have never seen my tops. Jim makes a mean top. It's hard to beat his precision. But it's the materials that make up the top that were my issue.

Anyway I'm done talking about this. Just bad feelings all around about jim.

Jim I know your reading this. Make good on your promise to take care of your past customers. Please.

I'm interested to know about how the quality of materials differ. Would you share more about this, please. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom