screwed by Jim at OCD Tops (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you were honorable about it, you would give all of these "customers" who got screwed his contact information and let them file a ******* lawsuit against the fxxx.

Amen to that

If you were honorable about it, you would give all of these "customers" who got screwed his contact information and let them file a ******* lawsuit against the fxxx.

You bought a top from him, you have his contact info. Give it out.

Actually if it is now the sister selling them i would lean on her as well.

The only one(s) defending him are the one(s) trying to profit from the guy's work while saying "fxxx it, I wasn't involved then" to all the people the guy has fxxxed.

I'm not defending him. I'm defending myself.

You bought a top from him, you have his contact info. Give it out.

all I had was a phone number and his PM when he was still on this board making tops for people.

that number was lost with my old work phone and I am dubious about whether it would still be in service anyway.

if I had it, I would post the s*** out of it.

nice try...

all I had was a phone number and his PM when he was still on this board making tops for people. that number was lost with my old work phone and I am dubious about whether it would still be in service anyway. if I had it, I would post the s*** out of it. nice try...
All I have is his email address and I've never spoken to him.

These are old, from the times I dealt with him:

My address is:
Jim Reed
916 S Edisto Drive
Florence SC 29501

jreed@sc.rr.com

Sure this is out dated, but a place to start. Google shows a Jim Reed currently in Florence. A search of the address indicates last sale date of property was 2008; so if he owned it then, he may still be there. If he was renting, possibly not there.

All I have is his email address and I've never spoken to him.

And your doing business with him? All business deals that are communicated by electronic means only always end well. Can't wait for the thread about you getting screwed and you trying to figure out why...

I guess some people will do what ever it takes to make a buck.

And your doing business with him? All business deals that are communicated by electronic means only always end well. Can't wait for the thread about you getting screwed and you trying to figure out why... I guess some people will do what ever it takes to make a buck.

Read back a few posts.

I did...something about you have no exposure to him.

Well business is business, and that has not changed much over the years. Communication and personal relationships are the drivers to a good long lasting business model...

Actually if it is now the sister selling them i would lean on her as well.
He used his sister by making the same promises that he made to everyone else. My understanding is that eBay banned him so he needs to sell through different people. Last I heard, his sister was in the hole for a couple of grand due to tops that were paid for and never made. She had enough and he moved to get Trollhole to help him. Sounds like Marshall figured it out right away and was even trying to make good on the tops Jim promised earlier, before Marshall was involved. The last I heard is that he has a new girlfriend and he is selling through her eBay account. His sister was nothing but honest with myself and her dealings with Jim. I don't think she is or was the problem, just another victim.

Looks like he is still around on Facebook. Not sure if I can post the link without getting banned.

SouthBoston - what's your love affair with selling tops? You sold the paki tops until they went to s***, now you're (kinda) in bed with OCD?

You've got a pattern, go find a local boat canvas guy, and get him to crank them out in the off season. Win-win for everyone.

SouthBoston - what's your love affair with selling tops? You sold the paki tops until they went to s***, now you're (kinda) in bed with OCD?

You've got a pattern, go find a local boat canvas guy, and get him to crank them out in the off season. Win-win for everyone.

Quit with the logic...

These are old, from the times I dealt with him:

My address is:
Jim Reed
916 S Edisto Drive
Florence SC 29501

jreed@sc.rr.com

Sure this is out dated, but a place to start. Google shows a Jim Reed currently in Florence. A search of the address indicates last sale date of property was 2008; so if he owned it then, he may still be there. If he was renting, possibly not there.

Not really cool trying to publicly out him, but I'm pretty sure that's the old place he rented. His old landlord showed up to a thread to gripe about how he left the place.

I remember that....it looks like southboston is pimping the tops for the ocd dude in the for sale parts section.

Last edited:
SouthBoston - what's your love affair with selling tops? You sold the paki tops until they went to s***, now you're (kinda) in bed with OCD? You've got a pattern, go find a local boat canvas guy, and get him to crank them out in the off season. Win-win for everyone.

It's not the tops, it's the money. I have four kids and one more on the way. The extra money I make from selling parts, like the bushings, tops and the bows gets put away for them. My two daughters actually really like taking the brass bushings and organizing them into groups of 8 and putting them in little baggies. I also pay them a buck for each bag of bushings they put together.

As far as finding a source to make tops, I tried, but there's no place near Boston that can do it and still keep the price reasonable. I charge $850 for a canvas top. There's a place on the Cape that makes tops for Land Rovers. They made one FJ25 top and that isn't very different from a 40 series top. They said they didn't make any money on it and sold it for I think $2100.

fair enough.

A true measure of a changed man would be the "making it right" of all past mistakes, or in this case, thievery. I don't know if anyone has said he has changed in this thread but I get the feeling that there is a bit of "that was then and this is now" creeping in on certain posts. Until everybody gets what they paid for regardless of how long ago it was he is thieving scum in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom