1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screwed by another mud member, what to do?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by extremetoy1, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extremetoy1

extremetoy1

Hey all I need some advice on a situation, I bought off of the for sale forum (https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=100502) and as the ad says these are "J" springs, and the engine is presumably good (it was out of the vehicle when i picked up- so I couldnt run it).

Well it turns out he and his buddy load up all the stuff nice and fast and I dont really go over everthing with a fine tooth comb (trust ?!) well I get back to st.louis and the springs arent j springs (the part # is still on the springs, no J) and one of the shocks is f*cked (deep dent, piston wont go up or down) so I call and I get his freind who says oh well deal with it (yes a misleading ad for the springs and he says to deal with it) as well as he wont pay me the difference in the price of the shock (mind you I didnt even try to talk him down any on the price) after driving from st.louis to memphis and back ..... this engine is siezed- wont crank or turn with a breaker bar on the crank- it is still on the trailer from when I picked it up, finally had the time to look into it and try to crank over with battery (its been a few weeks since I picked it up.

He "guaranteed" it, now he wont return my phone calls so I am stuck with the wrong springs, bad shock and a frozen 1FZFE WTF??! so what legal action do I take after I have tried numerous times to contact him? this is such bullshit-- you would think after getting F*cked off internet deals I would not trust anyone but heres another case.... cant even trust a fellow "MUD" member, and now 1200 dollars later i have a bad engine and the wrong lift kit plus gas both ways

2. 2ndGenToyotaFan

2ndGenToyotaFan Ice-Bound Moderator

Well, you mentioned that you have a breaker bar...... Show up at his door with it! Tell him you want your money back and you're keeping the stuff. Sorry I'm not of any real help, I'm sure someone here will be. :D

3. Zack1978

Zack1978 SILVER Star

Media:
    I have no clue what to say or do! I do however wish you the best!

Zack

4. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

Did you get any kind of bill of sale or reciept? Probably not, I doubt I would in this kind of deal. You may be able to use the Mud ad (print and save) as a legal description. Take the guy to small claims and get your money back.

5. Capocaccia

Capocaccia

I agree. File a claim. It seems like with a "deal with it" attitude all you are going to be able to do is make him "deal with it" in court.

6. extremetoy1

extremetoy1

I did make him take 50 % in a check so i would have proof of payment, so i have the copy of the cancelled check as well- i have tried to deal with this in a nice manner (he said "if it didnt run he would gie me my money back") but I guess a person will say anything when they are ripping you off.....explains why they loaded all of the parts real quick while i was strapping the engine down on the trailer.

I am PISSED, I am soooooo steamed right now! cant f*ckin think straight.... sooo tired of being ripped off. WTF!

7. Razor

Razor

thats sucks,
    I feel for you...I was ripped by another mud member as well, prolly not to your extent though, I just blew it off and will never deal with him agian.

Hang in there, time will tell.....are you going to call him out or what ?

8. loeky

loeky

if the guy really did rip you off ... a very public and accurate accounting might be reason for him to take note and make things right. peer pressure does wonders.

i would do what it takes to get your cash back.

9. LoveTractor

LoveTractor

Media:
    Albums:
    :popcorn: :beer: :popcorn: :beer:
    IT'S WENZEL TIME!!!

Post your problems over at Pirate ASAP.:flipoff2:

10. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Just don't do it like Hawke did.

11. wob

wob

just in case you need it

:cheers:

12. Capocaccia

Capocaccia

Also, a letterbomb might be worth your time.

DISCLAIMER: If he were to actually send of if anyone were to recieve a "letter bomb" within the next century, I take NO responisbility and do not endorse nor encourage any such actions.

13. loeky

loeky

i missed that whole episode, but trust that it was beyond the reasonable bounds that most people keep.

keeping people honest is a real PITA. others have been called out for less.

14. BillRiley

BillRiley

Extreme,

Check your PM.

15. LoveTractor

LoveTractor

Media:
    Albums:
    Everyone say hi to the NSA/Homeland Security guys monitoring the thread now.:rolleyes:
    :flipoff2:

16. extremetoy1

extremetoy1

Thanks WOB, maybe MORE ear bug is needed here.

17. Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers

stop payment on the check

18. jjbodean1970

jjbodean1970

methinks it probably cleared already

19. beno

beno Gihee Arakawa Moderator GOLD Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I hate seeing this so much.:mad:

We are a small community and people like this assmuncher give a bad name to the lot of us. I wish there was a way to police ass hats like this guy.

Either way, we work on each other's word. That's all we have in the end.

I am very sorry for your situation and I guess a public flogging would be ideal along with you going to small claims if you are interested in pursuing this.

I hate dishonesty.

20. extremetoy1

extremetoy1

Youthinks right! it was about a month ago (havent had time to wipe my ass let alone play with my cruisers, thats why I am just now getting to "checking it out") or else I wouldve stopped payment, then had a nice 600 dollar a442 tranny and 850 and 863 OME kit with steering doodads, and 3 bad shocks

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.